𝚇𝚇𝚅𝙸. 𝙽𝚞𝚒

"Did you consider how much it would hurt her?" the queen glared at her son. It has been minutes since Y/n left the two to look for Namjoon. The fact that Y/n was calm about it made the two more worried. "I don't know what's going on with your mind because as far as I know, you love Y/n more than yourself. I am not liking what you're planning Jeon. There must be a reason behind this but you know that hurting Y/n is the least of our thing to do." The queen hissed.

She had witnessed Y/n grow up, witnessed her morph into a beautiful young maiden that's in love with her son. Alongside of that, she had also witnessed how Jungkook became more and more fond of her until he finally came to realization that he loves her. She had never envisioned Jungkook taking in a wife after Y/n.

"You'll understand soon enough mom." He replied while gazing at the door where Y/n exited.

"Understand soon enough-" his mom scoffed. "I will never ever understand why you have to hurt her this way. I've thought better of you Guk." She whispered and stood up to left.

Jungkook stared at his mother's retreating back and sighed while pinching his nose.

'It's better this way. It'll hurt them way less with this way.'

☽. ° • ༆ ❦ ༆ • °.☾

"Nui, I don't want you catching a cold. Let's go inside." Namjoon whined and pulled at her arm.

"I told you that I won't stay for that long. So let's just talk here." Y/n laughed.

"Ah whyyyy? Don't you want to spend more time with me? It's been a long time since you visited but you're gonna leave me now too early?" he persuades.

"Come on now, let's sit here." She giggled and tugged back on his arm. "It's way more refreshing here outside."

"Nuiiiii."

"Joonieee." She teased back.

"Don't leave me too early. At least spend for a few more hours. I really missed you." He pleads while hugging her arm.

Y/n's eyes went sullen. How can she leave this little brother of hers?

To be honest, she didn't need to worry about his safety since he's under the wings of the empress dowager, just like her blood related family. The only one that at stake is Min Seo. Jin is quick witted enough to survive the emperor's wrath while Hoseok is trained since he was young.

"About that Joon. Since we don't know what might happen in the future, can you secure Min Seo for me? Once she fall in love with someone, let her go be with that man-"

"What do you mean by that?" he interrupts with a light voice but with an uneased tone.

"W-well I might disappear or something." She reasoned out.

"You're leaving?" he asks now with a dark voice.

"No! It's just- we don't know the future Joon. What if I die and Min Seo gets bullied by the other maids or the future concubine." She babbled.

Min Seo had done a lot of things from her previous lives. She can't and won't let anything happen to her again.

"You're under the power of our empress dowager but Min Seo is just a maid. She'll have nothing to lean on if I'm gone-"

"You won't die." He continued, his high pitched voice gone. "We won't let you die. Are you worrying because of the new wife the emperor will take in? Do I have to do anything to that matter?

"No Joon!"

'I don't want you getting hurt.'

"This is a normal thing for a king to take in another wife." She said while sighing.

Namjoon stared at her for a minute in silence before sitting straight.

"He's hurting you." He declared.

"Joon my body is perfectly fine."

"No. Not physically." He stared at her eyes. "Emotionally and mentally."

Then silence emerged from the two of them.

"Joon." She starts but was distracted by a male figure from afar.

It was a thin but pale man and he somewhat strikes a familiarity to Y/n.

"Who's that?" Namjoon asked who now stood beside her.

This manor is a very secluded place. Not everyone could enter for the Queen's safety. Seeing a stranger who's wearing a commoner's cloth is immediately considered as a threat to the Imperial mother.

"Who dared to let a stranger come inside?" He muttered and grabbed Y/n's hand to place her behind him.

Y/n peeked beside his shoulder and squinted her eyes as if it would help her to identify the man.

☽. ° • ༆ ❦ ༆ • °.☾

"You look frustrated." Y/n's friend declared while yawning.

"Don't you ever get tired of alcohol?" Y/n scrunched her nose while handing the man the alcohol she bought for him.

"Why do you look frustrated?" he asked while drinking the alcohol.

"Too much alcohol is bad." She told him, ignoring his question too.

This friend of her is quite weird. She had found him getting beaten by several drunkards and formed a platonic bond after saving him. He would always had some drunken yet somewhat wise quotes to tell her and in return, she would buy him some alcohol. She had offered him a house and other expensive things but all he wants is alcohol.

The man then glared at her after having his question ignored.

"Alright alright, it's because of that woman who sold me this alcohol. She was being so rude to me and it kinda ruined my day." Y/n huffed and sat beside the man.

"You shouldn't."

"What?"

"You shouldn't let one person to ruin your day, and in addition, what if that woman had a bad day? Or what if she had some anger issues that she can't control? We have to be understanding towards those kind of people because they wouldn't be like that without a reason. If you let them ruin your day, you'll have a bad mood and that bad mood might be inflicted to others and that others will then have a bad mood and the chain will go on." He stated while caressing the bottle of his alcohol.

"Is this why you didn't fight back those who beat you up last time?" Y/n asked with a scrunched nose.

"Yes but not really. I was just too lazy to fight back so I just lied on the ground." He said while laying down.

"I like your wise words pale man, but seriously you would die with that strategy." She said while patting him harshly. "I feel like I'm killing you too by buying you these much alcohol every time." She cringed.

"I won't die. I'm invincible." He muttered with a sleepy voice but then suddenly brightened up. "I gave you another lesson today, you must buy me alcohol again." He grinned.

☽. ° • ༆ ❦ ༆ • °.☾

Y/n smiled at the flashback memory.

"Joon I know him." She said while reassuring Namjoon.

"What- how?"

"I need to talk to him ok?"

"Wait!"

With a wide smile Y/n excitedly yelled, "YOONGI!"

☽. ° • ༆ ❦ ༆ • °.☾

Nui - It's the equivalent of Noona in this period.