𝚅. 𝙴𝚖𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚛

Several men cheered while their glasses clanked. They were celebrating their victory against the bandits who tried to conquer the northern part of their territory. Only few soldiers died, they were the unlucky ones who received fatal wounds while majority of them have minor injuries.

In the midst of the celebration, the emperor sat on his seat with a poker face. They have decided to leave when the sun has risen so they have to stay the night here.

He was the only one who weren't cheering amongst the crowd of soldiers. He was a little bit salty about the fact that his soldiers would still win without him leading them.

If he knew, he shouldn't have joined going here.

He's missing his wife already.

A messenger slowly creeped beside him. The messenger was trembling and had his mouth open and shut repeatedly.

All of them knew the emperor's temper.

Jungkook swept a glance at the messenger.

The messenger nearly peed his pants. A cold shiver going through his spine. A mere glare of the emperor could do this, he was truly suited to be their leader.

Jungkook tapped one of his finger on the table, indicating for the messenger to speak.

The messenger trembled even more and forced the words out of his mouth.

"T-the imperial concubine drowned d-days ago and was unconcious until now, your majesty." He stuttered and didn't dare to look at the emperor.

A glass of beer shattered against the floor as the whole room quietened.

The messenger held his bleeding hand that accidentally scraped against the glass.

"Explain." Jungkook let out with gritted teeth.

The whole crowd of soldiers shivered and stilled.

"I w-was meant to tell your majesty before the war but some of the ministers told me to t-tell you after."

"Why?" he let out, fiercely glaring at the poor messenger.

"T-the ministers said t-that it would distract emperor from the war a-and it would be good to just tell you afterwards. Please punish me y-your majesty! I s-shouldn't have followed them."

A loud cry suddenly erupted against the room and the soldiers cringed. Blood seeped on the table as the messenger cried repeatedly at his hand that was stabbed.

"I want you to list those ministers and have them ready once I dealt with the imperial concubines health. I think this incident will make you all learn that hiding a secret from me will lead to unpleasant situations." Jungkook let out then looked at his men coldly.

He strutted towards his horse and left the soldiers behind, going straight back to the palace.

One of the things he hate the most is her getting injured.

To whoever was involved in her accident surely won't get away easily.

"I left for a short time and this is what happened. I should've tied you to my body." he huffed and forced the horse to go faster.

His heart was beating furiously and it wasn't because of the strenuous exercise but because of the worry for her.

☽. ° • ༆ ❦ ༆ • °.☾

Y/n stroll around peacefully, enjoying the calming sounds of the streets. Despite the night time, the streets are still lively and cheerful. Several stalls stood on the side, offering different street foods.

There was also lanterns all around and children running everywhere.

"Is there an occasion?" She mumbled to herself. Y/n had her hands behind her and is walking with her chin up.

The naive girl didn't even notice the young miss of different households whispering to each other with blush on their faces.

They have never seen this man before. To which household does he belong to?

In their eyes, Y/n is a good candidate for a husband.

"Is the powder on my face alright? Do you think I'm pretty enough for him to take me as his first wife?" A young miss from the Min household giggled.

"As if. You'll just be a concubine." Another young miss huffed angrily then turned to Y/n with a lovesick look.

Y/n looked over them and admired their faces.

"Such a beautiful young misses." She clicked her tongue and pouted.

To young misses who stood at her gaze nearly died from overjoy.

"He looked at me! Aigoo!" One of them giggled.

Being caught up to staring at the young miss, someone suddenly bumped to Y/n, causing her and the one who crashed to her to fall.

The man had ended up hovering above her while she falls flat on her butt. He had his face shove on her chest while his hands held her waist.

A surprised yelp was forced out of her as a stinging pain spreads on her body.

"W-why is it so fluffy?" The man had said in a daze.

Y/n blushed profusely and immediately pushed the man above her, rushing to stand up.

She had binded her chest part but it's still easy to feel the squishy muscle for her bindings doesn't have too much layer.

"Look at where you're going." She huffed at the man who scoffed in return.

"You were the one who's standing in the middle of the way." The man retaliated.

Y/n had been dusting her butt and wasn't able to scan the man's visual until now.

Almond shaped eyes, tall nose and a perfect set of teeth. He's a good few inches taller than her and has a lean body. Not that muscular but not also too thin.

If I would be able to divorce Jungkook, should I marry this man?

A sudden peak of interest sparked inside of Y/n towards the man.

"Hey mister, what's your name?" She asked giddily, not forgetting to lower her voice.

"You don't need to know kid." He grumbled and sent a look towards her before marching away.

Y/n had a wide smile and followed the man who strutted away from her, like she was a plague.

"Hello, I'm Song Y/n-.. Song Yin! May I know your name?" The man swatted the side of his ears and glared at her before fastening his steps.

The girl kept mumbling beside him with a happy tune. It was like a mosquito that doesn't stop on whispering on his ears.

"I'm new to this place, can you show me around? But I need to know your name first!" She chirped.

The man scrunched his nose and let out a pissed sigh.

"Kim Taehyung. This handsome man's name is Kim Taehyung."