Holiday: Easter

It was Easter day, Lauren,Y/n and little Michelle were getting ready to meet the rest of the family at the par, the girls family were all going to be there as well. While Lauren was fixing Michelle's hair, Y/n came in looking annoyed, "what's wrong baby?" asked Lauren. "I really don't want wear my outfit today, why me? Why not Dinah or Chris?" said Y/n, "Dinah did it two years ago and Chris did last year so this year it's your turn" said Lauren as she finished her daughter's hair. Y/n whined like a little kid as she walked back into their room, suddenly she hears Y/n's phone ring, "Hello?...oh hey pops what's up?" Says y/n as she closes the room door. "Mama's such a baby isn't she?" Lauren said to Michelle in her baby voice which made her giggle.

   Then her phone rang, she took it out of her back pocket and answered it, "Hello?....oh hey mom....yeah we're almost ready, just saying on Y/n now....hahaha yea she's putting it on...ok we'll see you in a bit, love.you bye", once Lauren was done, she put the phone back in her pocket, then she picked up Michelle and headed downstairs, "BABE?!, Come on let's go, we're gonna be late" she shouted as she opened the front door. Once Lauren settled Michelle in her car seat, Y/n finally came out with her head down. Lauren chuckled as she shook her head, she put the Easter supplies and prizes in the trunk then she closed it and went to the passenger side.

   But as she opened it, she sees Y/n already sitting there with her arms crossed. "What are you doing babe?" She asked, Y/n shrugged "I'm waiting for you so you can drive us to the park where the others are waiting" she responds in a sassy tone. Lauren rolls her eyes as she goes on the driver's side, once she got in, she pulled out of the driveway and takes off to the park. Thirty minutes later, they arrived at the park, "why do I get the feeling that something is going to happen?" said Y/n as Lauren parked their car, "babe, nothing is.....well you'll probably get jumped by all the little kids but other than that nothing is gonna happen ok? It's a beautiful day" said Lauren.

   Y/n looked at her phone then she   groaned frustratedly as she got out the car and slammed it slightly hard which caused Lauren to flinch a little. Lauren got upset a little so she quickly got out the car and took out Michelle from her seat, when she saw her mom talking to Dinah's mom, she went over to them. When Clara sees Lauren coming over with her granddaughter she quickly ran over and picked up Michelle. "Oh you look so gorgeous mija" she cooed to Michelle, "I'll be back mom, I just gotta help y/n with some stuff" said Lauren as she kissed her cheek then she walked away.

    Lauren saw Y/n taking the last prize out of the trunk so she quickly ran over there, taking the prize out of Y/n's hand and putting it back in the k and closes it, "hey! Why did you do that? " asked Y/n, " you need to chill the fuck out ok?, Just because you're the bunny this year doesn't mean you have to act like a little bitch" said Lauren. Y/n was totally taken back with what Lauren said, " ok first off, we could've easily hired someone to be the bunny, second this had nothing to do with the suit....you know what? Forget it" she said, so she lightly shoved Lauren out of the way as she reopened the trunk and got the prize.

   She closed the trunk and took off to where the prizes were at, once she put the prize down with the rest, she started walking away from the park, ignoring Lauren's shouts for her name, she just wanted to be alone before the party begins in about another hour so she continued to walk until she came across a lovely coffee shop. She walked in a sat at the corner of the diner, "what can I get for you young lady?" Y/n looks at the waitress, she looks about 56 years old, "I'll have some coffee thanks" she said as she covered her face with her hands.

   "Are you feeling ok?" asked the waiter. Y/n sniffed and said "my father caught my mom in bed with another man yesterday...he called me today to tell me that he's not gonna make it to Easter..it's my daughter's first Easter and he's not gonna be there" her voice cracked at the end. "Oh I am so sorry to hear that sweetheart" said the waitress. Y/n laughed a little as she wiped her tears away, "it's funny how I used to look up to them as kid because they were perfect, together for 48 years, now I don't know" she said. She talked to the waiter for thirty minutes then she left the shop and started walking back to the park.