A Change Within A Week

"𝙰𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊 𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚔 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚕"

It has been a week since I've started working as a sole babysitter in the Kim household. Boa and Ryan have got deeply attached to me, just like how I have made a deep bond between us. Nico has opened several opportunities of me working as his model for his self produced clothes brand, but I'm still doubtful about that job. Whereas for Mr. Kim, there has been small differences noticed in his behaviour.

Half of the day, he's at work, all busy, but whenever I call him for having a sure check if the children are okay, he sounds pretty calm and polite. Maybe this was his after change, after I left the company. There was slight softness in his voice whenever I talked with him, not like before. And nonetheless, I'm pretty happy babysitting his children.

As I was about to sleep, I heard a knock on the door. Sighing in frustration, as I was exhausted from the continuous work given for the children, I head to the door and opened it, only to find Mr. Kim, in his casuals, looking all fluffy and soft.

"Oh, hello Mr. Kim!" , I said, straightening up my back. He smiled back, which was something unusual from him. "Well, I just came here to check on you. Afterall, you must be tired too."

I smiled at his sudden kind nature and welcomed him inside. It was tensed up indeed, as it had been a long time since me and him had shared a room or roof together. "So.... how has it been with Boa and Ryan ?" , he asked, trying to brew up a conversation. "Boa and Ryan are really sweet children, they just miss you a lot when you aren't around."

Mr. Kim softly chuckled while shrugging, "Now, I can't just leave the company behind for paying attention to my children." This made me feel a bit irritated, as he is a father and his job is to look over his children. I understand the main reason behind him appointing a babysitter is so that he doesn't have the responsibility upon his head but he has to look at some small responsibilities which a father can do.

"Mr. Kim, I understand that you are a busy man and have the world running behind you, but you helped in giving birth to your children and as a responsible father you need to look over them and give them time too." I expected him to burst upon me, just like how he did when I used to work at his place. He cleared his throat while cracking his knuckles, "You don't know me, Ms. Kim, how can you say me to do something for my children ? You are just a babysitter, stay in that limit."

"But you came over to me, and started a conversation, I never came over at your room to have a talk." , I retorted, as he was wrong at scolding me. I was just telling him to spend time with his children who miss him. Sighing he spoke up, "I'm sorry, I'm still trying to control my anger, it does take time to adapt a change." My eyes widened as he didn't argue back like he always does. "Why are you trying to control your anger nowadays, that too, all of a sudden ?"

Mr. Kim slowly took in a breath, fiddling with his fingers. I looked straight towards his face, examining every single movement of his. He was changing a lot, the softness and shyness was something I never thought this man had in himself until one week back. And now if you look at him, you cannot picture him as a boss of the most reputed company in Korea. "Actually, I noticed how I would behave with you, even though we both started our career on the same day in that company. I just became a boss and thought I have the rights to rule over my employees. I was wrong, but after I fired you, I thought about how all my workers were fearing from me, especially your friend Lucas." As he said that name, all the flashbacks hit me, as how I haven't had a single word with Lucas after that day. "I'm sorry for stealing your bestfriend from you, Y/N."

I immediately felt my cheeks redden by hearing my name escape from his lips. It somewhat made my heartbeat race, thumping in my chest, daring to pop out. What was this feeling ? His deep octave voice telling out my name in that seductive tone, it had the ability of making anyone simp for him. But I was his children's babysitter. He was a dad, he was married too, I couldn't feel something like that for him. I couldn't simp for him, even though the age gap between us was merely some years few.

"I'm not angry at you, don't apologise." He smiled as I smiled back. I knew that Lucas wouldn't be angry at all, he would have probably forgotten about that. There was some silence between us as we sat opposite of each other, lookinh away to not make the atmosphere awkward or anything. Suddenly, he spoke up, "Do you live alone in this city or have your parents with you ?"

Hearing the word "parents" made my heart ache. My parents had left me, even though I was just their only child, they didn't want a girl, and so I started living with Lucas's family. Since then, Lucas's family was mine. "Um, my parents left me, that's all I can say. They didn't want a girl." Mr. Kim's eyes softened, which showed what he felt. "What about you ? You must be having great parents who let you rule over the company!"

"My father passed away, my mother lives in the other continent, and that's it. Nico and I live here. Nico has his own modelling and styling buisness, whereas I am working on the position which my father owned some months ago." Everything made sense after how Mr. Kim was always a cold person. His father had passed away, he got all the responsibility on his shoulders, it was surely a headache and on top of that, it affects the mental health.

𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒅𝒖𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒖𝒔, 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓. 𝑭𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚, 𝒘𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑.