New People

"So you met a blind man in front of the convenience store, asking you the way to the same store?", Mr. Kim questioned, scratching his chin in confusion. "Yes, I did meet a blind man in black overalls with sunglasses on asking me the way to the store right behind him." "He does sound a bit suspicious, don't you think? I've heard that wearing sunglasses improves a bit of your vision, helping you to see around atleast. That blind man was ought to do something." I thought about Nico's confrontation for a bit, and realised that he had a strong point. "You do have an eligible point! He also seemed really weird to me, and in such a sunny day, why did he wear all black? Black radiates a lot of heat, so I guess he was having some other sort of issue." Mr. Kim was still in his own trance, looking inside the store from the glass windows. Placing my hand on his shoulder, I said, "I know you are missing your children a lot.....I'm sorry for my stupid empathy over someone as a stranger......" He shook his head, breaking into a soft smile. "It's not your fault, Ms. Kim. I had gone overboard by their news of missing and screamed at you. I should be the one to apologise." "No Mr. Kim, you have nothing to apologise for! All the troubles were caused by me and there is no trace of fault which you have done!" Mr. Kim was about to say something when we heard Nico exclaim, "The blind guy's there, boarding a bus!" Turning around, we saw the same man who encountered me some hours ago, boarding the Namyeon bus to Jeju. Running to him, we tried our best to reach him before the bus would take it's road to Jeju. "Wait a minute mister!", Mr. Kim warned, making that man stop on his tracks, and likewise, also making the bus leave.

The man wasn't wearing any sunglasses now. He looked pretty well and not a squint was seen in his cat-like eyes. He just looked at us in confusion, still, his eyes carrying some other history. "Aren't you the one who made this woman tricked by telling her that you are blind? Because of your lying, my children are now nowhere to be found!", Mr. Kim's voice trembled, as I held his hand for comfort. "I don't know what you are talking about, sir. I haven't seen this woman ever in my life! She's just making up stories.", he said, accusing me for fraud. My anger boiled as I snapped, "Don't you dare throw your fraud on me! You were the one asking me for assistance to the store which was right behind you, but all you did, was trick me!" I exclaimed as he walked back, acting surprised. "Whoa lady, you could see in my eyes that I'm not blind or anything. Stop blaming me for your fraud and made up story." "You shut up! I trust her, and I don't have a single trust of ounce in you. So, stop making your own alibi and tell me why the fuck did you trick her like this?"

"Sir, trusting her is an exception for you because you probably love her." That sentence made my cheeks heat up, as I noticed Mr. Kim get off guard. "But love should not be blind. You can't just blame it on me. Why would I want to trick a young woman like that?" Mr. Kim looked at me as I tried making him understand that I wasn't included in this. "I don't trust you. Because of your suspicious behaviour, we'll take you to the station and report you.", Nico tried to threaten him as he gulped a bit, clearing his throat. "Sir what would-" "No words. Give your alibi to the police deputy now." Mr. Kim declared, grabbing his arm and dragging him to his luxurious car. "Don't worry Y/N, we trust you, and we won't mistake you as evil.", Nico assured as I smiled.

In the station:

"Good afternoon Mr. Kim! What brings you here?", the officer asked as he bowed. "We have a guy here who tried faking as a blind man and tricked a woman who was supposed to collect my children. And now my children are missing because of this man's harmful trick. It's a fraud of catfishing someone like this publicly and I want him to get a prison sentence.", Mr. Kim filed his statement as the man stood there in the corner, glaring his icy stare at me. His eyes held some history, something untold, and it just made me curious to know what he had. What secretive history he had.

"Please present your alibi to the prosecutor there.", the officer demanded, as the man was dragged to the prosecutor. "We should go check where Boa and Ryan are now, as we have found the man who has started all this." Nico suggested as we agreed, riding the car again. My mind was feeling uneasy by seeing that man. He had something in him which made me feel uneasy. Something made me worry that he would hurt Mr. Kim. And that's what made me irresistible and uneasy. "Is something wrong, Ms. Kim?", Mr. Kim asked as I looked at him. He held his hand on the handle above the ceiling of the car, as his other hand was steering. "Not exactly, I just feel uneasy.", I said as he looked at me. Holding my hand which lied on the leather seat, he rubbed his thumb over my skin, sending me chills. "Don't be. We'll find Boa and Ryan soon, and stay the same, again." He smiled at me as I smiled back. Couldn't believe the fact that he was the one screaming at me some minutes ago.

After some minutes:

We had been roaming around every toy store to find, but couldn't get a trace of the children. Mr. Kim was losing hope, breaking down frequently. Nico was trying his best to stay strong, but also wasn't doing well. Sighing, I sat on the corner of the store, burying my face into my hands. Mr. Kim came next to me, sitting while also looking helpless. "I don't know if I should be angry at you or thankful. Atleast you gave us a hint. But you are the reason my children are lost too, basically." "You have the rights to be angry at me, Mr. Kim. I did a horrible mistake by trusting random strangers like this." He sighed, nodding. "But we can't help being good and doing good deeds right? This experience has taught me too, to not trust people easily." I took it as a taunt as he looked at me, expressionless. As we sat there in silence, we heard two kids laugh and giggle, which seemed really similar to Boa and Ryan's laugh. But along with that, we heard a man's laugh. Darting our eyes to the laugh, we saw a man with beautiful, grace features, holding hands with Boa and Ryan. "Boa and Ryan!", Mr. Kim screamed, running to his children and scooping them in for a hug. I smiled, running behind and meeting eyes with the man. He smiled sweetly at me, as I smiled back. "It's nice to meet you, young lady.", he bowed, reaching his hand out for me. I held his hand, bowing back gracefully. "It's nice to meet you too, young man." We both chuckled as Boa and Ryan giggled in their father's arms. But Mr. Kim's gaze was somewhere else. On me and the man.

Was he by any chance, jealous by this man? Or was he possessive that his children's babysitter is talking with some random guy again?

PS: Can you guys guess who those two men can be? The one who acted blind and the one who was with Boa and Ryan. Those who can guess it, will get a shout-out on my next story part! Good luck!