Trial Of Love

Shout-out to IwriteScarlet for guessing one of the mystery men! Congrats! The blind guy is still left to guess, so best of luck!

"Taehyung and Nico, do you remember me?", the man asked as Mr. Kim and Nico took a close look at the man's face. "Wait.....you seem like someone who was with us in high school....", Mr. Kim said as the man chuckled. "Remember we fought over dumplings?" That sentence caused Mr. Kim to widen his eyes, breaking into a wide smile eventually. "Jimin!", he exclaimed as the man threw his arms around Mr. Kim. Both stayed in each other's embrace for a minute and then let go, smiling as they looked at each other. "So you finally guessed me, hm?", he teased as Mr. Kim shyly rubbed his nape. I had never seen Mr. Kim be this outgoing with someone, and seeing him smiling after what all happened today, gave peace to my heart. "Man, it's been years. Remember the last time we met was when we were at Tokyo?" Jimin nodded while laughing, "I remember the way you were always insisting me to make a vlog of your's. But look at you now. The boss of your enterprise, all rich and having servants running behind you." Mr. Kim shrugged his shoulders, sighing. "After dad passed away, all I had was his company to handle. So, that's there." Jimin patted his shoulder, as Mr. Kim softly smiled, eyes getting moist. "By the way, who's this beautiful lady with you?", Jimin smirked a bit, looking at me from top to bottom. Blushing, I tried fixing my clothes properly as Mr. Kim glared at the two of us.

"She's Boa and Ryan's babysitter. Anyway, where did you find these two naughty little munchkins?", Mr. Kim pinched both the kids cheeks playfully as they giggled. "Jimi uncle found us all alone so he bought us icecream and toys!", Ryan gushed while hugging Jimin. "Jimin, when will you stop being sweet? You do know that Boa catches cold easily." "It's nothing Taehyung. Today's their cheat day, right kids?" Both the kids leaped onto Jimin as Mr. Kim chuckled, looking at his kids being so happy with his school day's bestfriend. "Jimin bro, I really missed you so much!", Nico said, also hugging Jimin. Jimin had all the Kims wrapped around his finger, except me, of course.

"So, Ms. Whatever your surname is, would you not like hugging me too?", Jimin smirked again, as I raised my brow. "I think it's better to social distance, hm?", I said as he scoffed. Mr. Kim laughed, "She's right. She doesn't like skinship." I smiled to myself, thinking that Mr. Kim was happy by my decline to Jimin's hug. "Anyway, what bought you here, Jimin?", Nico asked as he sighed, "Well, I got betrayed by my girlfriend who I dreamt of marrying, basically. So, I thought about coming here to roam around. But I have to go soon, my roommates must be waiting." Mr. Kim rubbed his hand over Jimin's shoulder as an assuring gesture, as I smiled looking at their friendship.

"Okay then, it was really nice to meet you guys again. And even you two little kiddos. And even you, elegant woman.", he smiled gracefully, bowing like a prince as I bowed back, playing along. "It was great to meet you too." Mr. Kim cleared his throat, while saying, "Okay then, I think we have crossed Boa and Ryan's sleeping time, so we gotta go too." "Wait, why don't we call Jimin for staying with us some days too? He's just gone through a heartbreak, and it's been such a time since we spent time together. So, what say?", Nico suggested as Mr. Kim raised his brow. He glanced at me first, and then looked back at Jimin. "I guess it's fine, then." Boa and Ryan clapped their hands by the news as Mr. Kim broke into a smile again. Seeing him smile so wide and happy again for million times today really gave peace to the heart.

At Home:

"Ah, look at this house! Taehyung, you have achieved so much in such an age, it's magnificent!", he gushed as Mr. Kim just sighed, rolling his eyes. "It's nothing as my achievement, Jimin. It's all because of dad. He achieved all of this, all I did was follow his lead." Patting Mr. Kim's back, Jimin said, "Following someone's lead is also a great deal. And after you lost Areum...." Mr. Kim suddenly got emotional, as his eyes started turning moist and teary again. "I-I guess we should make Boa and Ryan sleep now.", Nico suggested, gesturing me from his eyes to go see if they are fine. Nodding, I head to their room as Mr. Kim and Jimin talked.

TAEHYUNG'S P.O.V

"It's been a year since Areum left this world. Boa and Ryan were just months old, when Areum took her last breath.", I said, feeling an overpowering emotion of grief hit me. Why did I let Areum's death happen? Why couldn't I let her health be perfect for her to never meet death? "Taehyung, if you'll always blame yourself for Areum's death, she'll not be happy by seeing you like this from heaven.", Jimin comforted me by his soft words, as I let some drops of tears stream from my eyes. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a warm hug as I vented my tears out gradually. "Then who else caused her death? She had just become a mother to two beautiful children, and because of some health reason she passed away. Her family still criticises me for her death, calling my fame as her poison. It always makes me feel a pang of guilt, Jimin.", I sobbed as he kissed my hair. "Taehyung, this might sound offensive to you, but maybe Areum never deserved you, and you both were just in a trial of love sort of relationship." I raised my eyes to meet his, as he smiled at me softly. "What's the meaning of trial of love?", I asked as Jimin ruffled my hair. "Trial of love, means just a drill. Maybe your relationship with Areum was in haste. You both just entered your twenties, and became married. All was good, sexual desires were fulfilled, everything was just like how love feels. But maybe Areum getting pregnant was marking the end of your trial. And that's how Areum's death happened." All his words made some sense to me, as he spoke, "Maybe there is someone who you truly deserve, still left to come in your life. Someone who might already be there in your life, but you just don't know. Maybe there is someone like this, but you just don't feel or know it yet."

All these words just reminded me of Y/N. I had to apologise to her for my brutality towards her today. Straightening up, I stood up. "It was a great talk with you, Jimin. I'll see you soon, I just got reminded of some work." I excused myself, rushing outside, without thinking what Jimin would understand.

Maybe Jimin was right. Maybe there was someone indeed in my life who I didn't know, existed as my actual soulmate. I just had to find who it was.

And my instinct said, Y/N's name only.