Griefs can be mended

YOUR P.O.V

It had just been a week, and I had ruined everything. Mr. Kim had trusted me, handed me the responsibility of his kids who were seeking their mother's love. I was supposed to be like a role model of their mother to them, and instead of doing that, I lost them. I wasn't clear about what I had to do. The blind man needed help to get into the store and I helped him, and that's when the bus arrived and I don't know where the kids disappeared. My irresponsible behaviour caused all this. I looked at my side, seeing Mr. Kim walking down the lobby, looking clearly tensed about his children's whereabouts. Nico was busy contacting every school deputy he knew, and I was scared about what was bound to happen in the future.

"Just because of you, my children are missing! It's been an hour, and there's no trace of them anywhere, because of you!", Mr. Kim screamed out of rage, looking at me with fierce eyes. "W-we shall find them soon, Mr. Kim, don't worry-" "Are they your kids, that you're advising me to not worry? Ms. Kim I have helped in giving birth to them, they are my children, and because of your stupid carelessness, they aren't to be found anywhere!", he said, falling onto his knees, letting his tears fall out. I couldn't bear seeing him cry like this because of me, and was helpless to even comfort him. Sighing, I looked down at my knees, regretting all what I did for helping a blind man. Even good deeds lead to bad deeds.

"Taehyung, the school deputy has no idea where Boa and Ryan are. But the transport department mentioned that Ryan and Boa were making a fuss about some toys before boarding the bus, and one of them even hit the other." I widened my eyes, remembering a specific instance which occured during the morning.

Earlier the day:

"Boa you so dumb, you really think Twilight Sparkle can 
defeat my Ash? Ash will show his Pokemon to you and you will fly away", Ryan laughed, pointing at Boa's Twilight Sparkle toy. "Hey, your Ash is not a prince or something, my Twilight is the Princess of  Canterlot, unlike your stupid Ash!"

"Wait, I'll ask Y/N-nie, she will support my Ash!", Ryan crossed his arms as I entered their room, with their breakfast tray. "Y/N-nie, is Twilight Sparkle the best, or Pokemon's Ash?", Boa asked, looking at me with her wide puppy eyes, as her lips pursed, pouting, looking at me. Her eyes reminded me of Mr. Kim's. Both the kids had their father's traits in them. Smiling, I ruffled her hair as Ryan looked at me the same. "Hmm, why don't we decide this after heading to a toy store today? I'll try making your father get ready for it, and then we'll buy some new toys for Boa and Ryan!" Both the kids clapped excitedly, smiling while hopping on their feets. "Yay, this is such a good news!", Ryan exclaimed as Boa nodded aggressively. I smiled while heading to the kitchen, without worrying about what else is happening.

The present:

"I think I know what their argument could be about!", I said, as both the men's eyes darted at me. "What do you know, tell it right now!", Mr. Kim ordered in anticipation, as I gulped, before setting my words properly. "Boa and Ryan had a fuss about their favourite cartoons in the morning, and I guess that's what they must be arguing at that time too. Basically I had made them understand, saying them that I'll take them to a toy store today-" "Why did you find it necessary for telling that you'll take them today!? Are you nuts, Y/N?" I walked back as his harsh words pierced through my heart. He did call me Y/N informally for the first time, but those words badly affected me.

"Taehyung, would you please calm the fuck down? Y/N gave us a hint, she said that they must be probably in the toy store. That means, they weren't boarding the bus, and if they were, they must have got off it on that stop where there was a toy store around. Your kids are too excited for these stuffs, their lack of patience has resulted to all this." "Nico, my children have been brought up by someone who was an angel. Stop talking shit about them." Seeing the brothers fight made my heart break. All of this was happening because of me. And I had to mend it. "Stop quarelling please! I know this is all because of me, and I know that my carelessness and commitments have bought us here. But fighting like this, without trying to solve it out is not right! Mr. Kim, I understand your fury towards me, and Nico, I understand your sympathy towards me. But, let's try our best to pay attention at what's the situation right now.", I tried expressing my feelings as Nico nodded. "You've got a point. I apologise, Taehyung." Mr. Kim looked away for a second, but I could see his tears stream out. "Mr. Kim.....I heartly apologise of what I have done.....but....let's try solving this together......." Bringing my hand close to his figure, I put my hand on his shoulder reassuringly.

Turning around, he pulled me into an unexpected hug. "I'm just scared to lose them too. I have already lost my wife, the love of my life, and now losing the apples of my eye would ruin me. It would end me.", he sobbed, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck. I rubbed my hand on his back as he let his tears out. "Mr. Kim, I know I have showed sheer carelessness towards your children despite being responsible of them. But trust me, they'll never go far from you. They'll always be there for you. Just trust me. For once." "I trust you, Y/N."

Those words were enough to give me the encouragement I needed. Smiling, I let go of his embrace, looking at Nico who was getting teary eyed too. Holding his hand, I bought him next to Mr. Kim. "Please do hug once, to heal those harsh words exchanged between you two." Nico immediately broke into tears, throwing himself onto Mr. Kim. "I'm sorry Taehyung, I shouldn't have said such words!" "It's all good now, Nico. Let's try finding Ryan and Boa now, as it's something important."

Maybe this was the start of a whole new journey. In some way, my instinct told me it was going to have a positive income. After every negative event, positivity is bound to arrive.

PS: Just pretend Taehyung's  hugging you :)