Birthday Memories

"Okay so listen up kids, everyone has to be dead silent as Uncle Nico brings Uncle Jimin. And then when Uncle Jimin comes in, Mr. Kim will open up the canon and burst streamers! It seems exciting, isn't it?", I threw my fists in the air as both the kids giggled, gushing while placing their fingers on their lips to not make much noise. "Everyone, hide, Nico is coming with Jimin in some seconds!", Mr. Kim rushed inside, as he switched the lights off. Not knowing where to hide, I looked here and there, standing amidst the dark hall, to then be pulled on my wrist. "Ouch- that was harsh!", I whispered as Mr. Kim placed his finger on my lips, making me fall silent in some seconds. As we looked into each other's eyes, all we could feel was just us. Our presence. It gave some warm, home-like feeling to me as he smiled. I couldn't do this, but I couldn't help either. He has slut shamed me in the past, domestically used violence against me. I know that he has changed, but he's still a father and a husband to his dead wife. "What is it NIico, you shouldn't be disturbing everyone when they have works ahead-", Jimin was stopped at his words as Boa and Ryan leaped in, throwing their arms around Jimin's frame as he just looked at us in confusion. Mr. Kim wasted no time in bursting the canon, as all the streamers rained on him.

"So was that all a bad prank on me? Before my birthday?", he said, smiling and laughing as we shrugged. "Jimin, remember when we studied in high school together and we used to always like hang out at late nights on every birthday and have some of our own fun? I couldn't make it as good like that but I tried surprising you!", Mr. Kim said as Jimin smiled, hugging him. "Taehyung, you still managed to make my day the best. I can't wait for more to come today." "Well then, a party is confirmed!", I said as the children started jumping on their feet, clapping their hands while chanting a party chain. "That means a night full of alcohol!", Nico said, receiving an icy glare from Mr. Kim. "Come on Taehyung, a soju party is confirmed!", Jimin said as Mr. Kim nudged him, eyeing him to the children who were busy in their talks. "Uh, Boa and Ryan, you do want to have some cake and then sleep, right? Then let's gather up some stuffs for our tummies and then wake up early tomorrow for Uncle Jimin's birthday!", I said, carrying the children in my arms as I gave them the slices of the cakes.

TAEHYUNG'S P.O.V

Advising Nico to go sleep for the sake of having a private talk with Jimin, I excused him from us as Jimin and I strolled outside the penthouse yard. "I saw you and Y/N hugging, which does feel like a sign of love, isn't it?", Jimin teased as I blushed thinking about how close we were from doing that. But the confusion and doubt she had in her mind was clearly expressed into her expressions. "Nah, I still feel like she isn't ready. Anyway, it doesn't matter unless she is comfortable with it." Jimin hummed as we both walked around the yard. "Taehyung, doesn't your swing remind you of something?", Jimin asked out of the blue as I raised my brow up. "I don't know....oh yeah, it does remind me of something so beautiful....except Areum's memories." Areum had a really soulful voice for herself, and whenever we had late night talks like these, she would sing me to sleep as I rested my head on her lap. "Forget Areum, Taehyung. Is it that hard?" "It is hard, Jimin. I married her. She gave birth to my children. And I still am, her husband." Jimin sighed as I sat down on the swing, swaying it as Jimin wrapped his arms around me. "See. I told you what you had with Areum was just a trial. And I can see the same young you jump out whenever you are with Y/N. And by the way, I was not talking about Areum's memories." I looked at him in confusion as Jimin flicked my forehead, making me wince in pain. "Ow Jimin, what was that for!" "You are the actual idiot here. Remember our dumpling fight? It was the biggest yet stupidest fight we ever had." I laughed at the memory of Jimin begging us to get along again, as he had a lot of soju dose.

Flashback:

"Taehyung, let's eat this after finishing our homework. See, if we just finish it off now, we shall regret it!", Jimin nagged as I let out an annoyed sigh. "Jimin, stop controlling my appetite! I want to have it right now, and if you are so interested in having your work done before food, then do it by yourself!" "Taehyung, remember that I am the one helping you in your assignments!" I rolled my eyes as Jimin glared at me. "Stop taking pity over my weak math skills and get the fuck out if you want to have dumplings after work." Those words were enough for Jimin's temper loss as he threw his notebook down on my bed. "Yes, I'll gladly get the fuck out from your life and your room in just some seconds!" And with that, Jimin bursted outside my house. Throwing my body on the bed, I looked at the dumpling which stayed where it was, untouched.

Present:

"Oh god, I was so dramatic!", Jimin wheezed as we watched the video of him blabbering gibberish as he was high. "Why did you get that drunk though?", I said as he wiped his tears of laughter. "Well, I met this guy who took me there, apparently he said he was blind but I caught him off guard and then we bonded." The "acting blind" thing took me off track as I remembered an instance just experienced some days ago. "Wait, tell me who that man was, clearly yet brief." Jimin looked at me in confusion, but still spoke out, "He had cat-like eyes and looked really sharp. I already knew he was a fraud, but the soju treat he gave me, and the advice really made me get back to you."

The cat like eyes were enough for me to confirm that this guy was it.