Beware

I walked to Y/N's room, my heart thumping, daring to come out of my chest. I had been excessively rude with her today, and it was my responsibility to mend the ruins I did in our just improved relationship. Knocking on her door, I waited for a response. In  mere minutes, she opened the door, surprised to see me in front of her door. "Mr. Kim?", she asked, gesturing me to come inside as I did, mentally preparing my apology for her. But her natural beauty was distracting. The way her skin was glowing, the melanin was shining, and her natural hair all left open, shining under the moonlight. She was a fairy from heaven, and no one could tell me otherwise. It really seemed like I was falling for her, slowly. Or maybe this was just my strange addiction.

"Is something wrong?", she asked as I was bought outside my trance, raising my eyes to meet her's. She looked at me innocently, making my heart flutter. "I just came here to check up on you......today was an exhausting day, right?", I tried making our conversation as she smiled. "It must have been more exhausting for you, right?" Her kindness made me melt, as she smiled at me again. Her smile reminded me of Areum, which again, made my heart warm. "It was equally tiring for both of us. But, by the way, I came here to apologise to you." She raised her eyebrows as I mentioned an apology. She would have probably never wondered of me giving an apology to her.

"I told you, Mr. Kim, that you don't need to apologise a bit for anything. Infact I should because I was the one who lost your children." She still tried to avoid me from apologising, as she knows I'm always egoistic. But today, I wanted to keep my ego aside and genuinely apologise to her. "No Ms. Kim. I have to apologise today no matter what. I lost my control completely and told you tons of harsh words. I apologise." Shaking her head, she held my hand. "No Mr. Kim, please don't apologise! I'm sorry for being careless and losing your children by believing on a random stranger." I looked into her eyes again, which were sparkling. Everything complimented her in such a beautiful way. But, I had to avoid all my stray feelings for her. I was her boss, not her boyfriend.

"Mr. Kim? Anyway, should we now declare that none of us need to give an apology and just stay the same. Happy and healthy. Promise me?", she bought her pinky finger against me, as I chuckled. "I promise", I said, intertwining my finger with her small one. Smiling, we looked into each other's eyes. It just felt like forever and eternity. I just wanted to stay like this with her, forever. Obviously she is living with me, under the same roof, and is also like a motherly figure for my children. But I always wanted to stay with her like this. Happily and in positivity.

"Great then! Now, we won't get angry at each other for stupid matters, okay?" She just talked informally with me, which didn't bother me at all. Because her informal talks made her cuteness overloaded. "Sure, Ms. Kim.", I still addressed her formally. "Um.....Mr. Kim, would it be okay if I call you......Taehyung?", she asked me, out of the blue as I raised my brow cockily. "And why so?" She looked away, her ears turning red as I enjoyed seeing her in this state. "Um well....everyone calls you Taehyung. Nico does, Jimin does, and it's just me out of all the adults who doesn't call you Taehyung." I scoffed in a way of tease as she looked at me shyly. "Ms. Kim, do I call myself Taehyung? Do my children call me Taehyung?" She looked at me with a confused expression as I tried suppressing my laugh. "Mr. Kim....your name is Taehyung, so you do call yourself Taehyung, right?" I couldn't help but let a laugh out at that statement, as she still looked at me, confused.

"Ms. Kim......why are you so cute?", I gushed, not caring of what she would think. I could see her cheeks turn pink, making me smile looking at her utter shyness, full of cuteness. "I-I'm still confused....." Smiling, I held her hand, rubbing it with my thumb again. "You can call me Taehyung. But, just not in front of Boa and Ryan. They'll bombard you with questions.", I laughed as she smiled wide, clapping her hands. "Thank you so much....Taehyung!", she greeted as my heart skipped a beat. Hearing my name escaping from her lips seemed like butterflies. Seemed like they were flying in my abdomen. Everything with her felt unreal.

Clearing my throat, I approached her with an innocent question too. "Would you mind, if I call you Y/N too?" She looked at me with sparks in her eyes, as she blushed. "Well, you have called me that many a times, but I guess we can normalize it now." Smiling wide, I looked at her, full of adore in my orbs. Seeing her look around anxiously as my eyes set upon her, gave some kind of peace to my heart.

I had confirmed myself that Jimin was right. The relationship with Areum was a trial. The actual relationship struggles were yet to face. And I was waiting for the right one to come. Even though my instinct was saying Y/N's name aloud, I still couldn't mistake myself. I don't want another relationship in waste. "Mr. Kim- uh I mean....Taehyung....I had a question for you....", Y/N fumbled with her words as I became all ears to her question. "Go on." Clearing her throat, she asked, "Some minutes ago, you and Jimin were talking about your late wife. Is everything alright?" Her immense care for every trivial thing about me warmed my soul. She was indeed like a replica of Areum, but I had to be aware. I just couldn't compare a person with someone else, just like this. And I can't just fall in love with her by thinking her as Areum's copy. "Everything's alright, you have nothing to worry about!" Letting out a sigh, she smiled, "I'm glad, Taehyung."

Our eyes again fell on each other's glossy lips, as all the incomplete yet feathery touches reoccured in our minds. Blushing, we diverted our gazes to distract ourselves. "I guess I should go for now, you need to wake up early tomorrow too." "Uh, it's actually fine, I sleep pretty late." It seemed as if she didn't want me to go, and so, I smiled, "If you say so." Directing me to her familiar bed, I sat on it, as she sat opposite of me. Smiling at each other, we shared a deep eye contact, until we heard a cry.

"What was that?", she asked, as I stood up immediately. "It's Boa, she must be scared." Rushing outside, I ran to her room, to see her crying hard, sobs clear to reach outside. "Boa, my princess, what's wrong?", I asked, carrying her in my arms. "D-daddy, I got a bad dream......" Ryan was awaken too, but Y/N handled him. "What did my barbie doll dream about? Tell daddy, he will fight everyone." Sobbing, she spoke, "I-I saw monster kill mommy......I miss mommy....."

Those words hit my heart. I completely forgot of how Areum mattered to my children. How she was always their mother. Jimin said it was a haste, and I agree, but could ignoring the fact that Areum gave birth to my children be right for them?

Was loving someone other than Areum a crime? Would my children's future be affected?

What do you think? Will Taehyung forgetting Areum be good for Boa and Ryan? And will Taehyung's rising love for Y/N, bring any storm for his children?