Chapter 43

Maggie's POV
Sam. He's here. I knew he wanted to start a career in singing/rapping with Nate and he's been on tour a couple times. But I thought he was gonna stay in Omaha. What the fuck. "Let's go Kenzie" I grab her arm pulling her away from the store keeper. "Wats wrong" She asks. "Sam is here." I pant trying to catch my breath. "Ur ex Sam" she asked and I nodded. I told her everything about my life before I came to college and she told me about herself too. We were about to make a run to our flat until I felt a faint tap on my shoulder. "Hi Maggie" I heard a voice I knew way to well. "Sam...umm hi" I saw awkwardly. "How've you been?" He asked. "Some days are better than others," He dry chuckled. "How have you been," he asked me. "I've been okay. But like you said some days are better than others." I told him. "Who's ur friend" he motioned to Kenzie standing next to me. "Ohh I'm sorry. Kenzie this is Sam, Sam this is Kenzie." I introduced the both of them. The shook hands and smiled kindly towards each other. "Well would you look at the time," I pointed to the fake watch on my arm "We gotta head back to our flat but nice seeing you Sam." I shot him a fake smile yanking Kenzie's arm walking forward. "That was rude," She scoffed pulling her arm away from my grasp. "Sorry I don't want to talk to MY ex-boyfriend." I emphasized the "my" part. She rolled her eyes at me and I kept walking.

It's not her ex so of course she thinks it's rude but if she were in my position she would care. Yea i know I'm an uptight bitch but I don't care at this point. It's my life and I'm living it how I want. Their both lucky I didn't kick Sam's balls for being such a dick. I pulled out my phone calling the only person that knows me better than I know myself. "Hello?" Her voice rang through my phone. "Hey Maya," I miss this girl so much. "Hey bae." She chirped. "So I saw Sam literally 5 minutes ago." I bit my lip in frustration. She gasps, "Tell me everything." I told her about wat previously happened at the store and she laughed. "It's fate. Definitely fate." She states. "No it's not." I spat. "Whatever you say Mags. I gotta go but I'll call you tonight. Love ya!" She said, "Love ya too." I respond before hanging up. I let out a sigh resting my head on the wall behind me. It's always me and I don't understand why. I'm the one who gets cheated on, I'm the one who has to break up with her boyfriend because of distance, I'm the one who has to deal with her own shit. When is it someone else's turn? I'm tired of this sick twisted shit in my life. I can't believe I'm about to do this.
Sam's POV
The way she left me hanging like that broke my heart. It made me realize that I need her. My body is craving her. I just want her back in my arms again. It's already been a year and I haven't been with anyone else. I've fucked over a few times but it doesn't mean anything to me. I don't love them, I love Maggie. I love her uptight bitchy attitude, I love her smile, I love her laugh, I love her voice, I love her body, I love us. And there will always be an us. My phone vibrated in my pocket, I pulled it out opening up my texts.
From My BabyGirl👑💖: meet me at in-n-out in 15.
To My BabyGirl👑💖: on my way right now.
I put my phone in my pocket walking to the in-n-out. When I get there I see Maggie standing by the bike racks. When she sees me her eyes travel up and down my body. I walk towards her leaning my head on the wall. "Hey," I shoot her a small smile, "Hey." Her voice trailed off. "Look I'm sorry about earlier I was just...shocked to see you again." She tried to convince herself. "It's okay I understand." I tell her. "But I don't think we should get back together." She looked anywhere but my eyes. My heart fell to the floor. The love of my life doesn't love me anymore. "I understand." My eyes were getting watery, "But we can still be friends?" Bullshit. We can't be friends. I love her way too fucking much to be her friend. "Yea...Friends."