③Why Are You Asking Me That?

The blonde boy knocked on the door and waited until they let him come in.

"Mr. Wang, it's nice to see you." He bowed, and the other patted his shoulder as a greeting.

"Well, I'll see you two next week. I have to go," Mr. Wang said, and when they bowed once again, he made his way out of the office.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Talking with freaking Wang right behind your door where anyone can hear you!?"

"Wow, relax. What's up with you?"

"What's up with me? I have a fucking kid in my office because I caught him listening to your conversation with Wang!"

Taehyung's brows bumped together in a scowl. "What are you talking about?"

"Exactly what I said."

"How much did he hear?"

"I don't fucking know, V. And honestly, I don't trust him."

"What do you mean you don't know? We talked about our next deal, Jiminie!"

"Okay, okay. I offered him to work here, and apparently, he's in."

"Why?"

"Because it's the only way to keep him in check in case he heard something important. It's too risky to let him go like that."

Taehyung passed both his hands through his hair and rubbed his face, exasperated by the situation. "How old is he?"

"I don't know anything. I told him you will talk to him, but he looks young."

"I can't hire a fucking kid, Jiminie!"

"Can you calm down? That's exactly why you should hire him. He's young and naive, exactly what we were looking for. He'll believe whatever we say and he won't even suspect a thing."

Taehyung eyed him for a spell, still doubtful about hiring him. "Where is he? I'll decide after I talk to him."

"He's in my office. I'll go check how things are outside." They exited the office then and parted ways.

A heavy sigh seeped through Taehyung's lips as he stared at the closed door, and he drew in another breath to soothe his frustrated state.

Jeongguk sat bolt upright the moment he heard the door open but didn't dare to turn his head and look at the one who came in. His tread became louder as he neared him, and soon enough, he caught with the corner of his eye the stranger plopping down onto the chair behind the desk.

Fuck, he's too young, Taehyung thought as he regarded him in depth. He seems too pure. "What's your name?"

His raspy, deep voice sparked curiosity in his gut, and it built up so much he dragged his head up to finally look at the man. He was left shocked once he recognized his silver hair and the dark purple dress shirt with the three buttons that were still undone — his bare, toned chest was right in front of his pure eyes.

But what took his breath away was his astonishingly handsome face with his blue eyes, although he could tell he was wearing contacts, his seemingly soft skin that was glowing, and the veins in his neck and arms that were visible since he had his sleeves rolled up. He was like a God from another freaking planet, and Jeongguk was nearly drooling over him, unable to take his eyes away.

"Um, hey, kid?" His deep voice pulled him out of his thoughts and made him self-conscious real quick. He stayed silent, though, and drove his chin into his chest as he played with his hands nervously. "Your name."

"Um, Jeongguk."

"You seem young." Taehyung reclined in his seat as he crossed his arms, his muscles flexing in the process.