⑦You Should Know Your Place Too

By the time Jeongguk finished his shift, he was exhausted to the core.

Not so much physically as mentally. Although five other women requested his company and maybe some of them asked uncomfortable questions, it wasn't as bad as it was with that fucking old hag. No one could compare with her — she was a whole other level of disgust and bawdiness no one could reach.

He didn't talk much to V after what happened, and honestly, he didn't want to. At all. If he disliked him before, he fucking loathed him now. Jeongguk could tell he was rich. Everyone could tell. And he didn't want to lose a customer? What difference the few drinks she was buying could make? He didn't have a clue about why V was acting like he would lose millions if he were to lose her as a customer.

She was an awful person who was making everyone uncomfortable as Jeongguk figured out later when he talked with Jeongin and Jisoo about what happened. They had never seen a worst sickening behavior like hers before.

And apparently, the questions she asked Jeongguk the first time was nothing compared to what would follow in the next sessions as Jeongin said. He knew that filthy witch quite well now, even though he wasn't serving in the VIP section every day.

All Jeongguk could think about was how worse could it get, but apparently, it could get a lot worse by the things Jeongin said. There was no getting out of her uncomfortable questions. The only thing he could do was stall and buy time so those fifteen minutes could pass with as few questions as possible.

🥀

"Hey, Kook," Yoongi said with a small smile as he entered the house. He just got back from work and found the younger curled up into a ball on the couch, watching some dumb TV show, wrapped in a thick blanket. He couldn't help but chuckle at the endearing sight; Jeongguk was cute almost all the time, but he wouldn't tell him that. "You okay?"

"I'm good, hyung, you? How was work?"

"A little boring, but maybe because I couldn't wait to return so you can tell me how your work was."

A flash of anxiety surged through his chest as he shifted in his seat. Yoongi knew him better than anyone and lying to him never ended up well. But he couldn't possibly tell him the truth. "It was okay, tiring and hard, but okay."

"Really? Nothing bad happened?"

"Yeah, nothing bad happened."

"Are you sure? You know you can tell me anything." Yoongi knew something was wrong. If he was okay, he would be smiling, but instead, he seemed ready to burst into tears at any moment.

"Yes, it was just hard to keep up, and I was sleepy all the time." He didn't venture to look at him. If Yoongi knew what he did, he would be disgusted just like Jeongguk was with himself. He let that woman harass him, and he was going to let her do it again.

"Kook, why are you like this?"

"It's just that... my boss was a little harsh on me, that's all. It's not a big deal."

"You want me to talk to him?"

"No. Things will get better. I'll get better at this job, and everything will be fine."

"Okay then. If it's too much, you can quit. Don't forget that." He patted his shoulder, earning a small smile from Jeongguk that didn't really reach his eyes.

"Thanks, hyung."

Soon enough, it was time for Jeongguk to go to work, and reluctantly, he did. The ride with the bus was boring as always, but he arrived in no time since there wasn't that much traffic that day.