㉝You Want Me To Tell You What I Want?

The ride to Taehyung's house was mostly silent, and he could tell something bothered the younger, even though he had no idea what it was. He questioned him, of course, if he was okay, and he simply said yes, but he knew it was a lie.

"Will you shower first so I can make us something to eat?" Taehyung asked in a soft tone once he parked the car.

"Sure."

His eyes flitted to his face at his muted reply, studying the awkward, tiny smile decorating it. A sigh bubbled at the back of his throat and erupted from him seconds later as he exited the car. "Is jjajangmyeon okay?"

"Oh, I haven't eaten this in a while. Sounds good." Jeongguk stood in the living room with his gaze glued to the floor, playing with his hands, uneasy.

Taehyung sighed once more as he neared him and reached out to brush his hair back but went stock still when Jeongguk shrank away from his touch. "Okay, did I do something?"

"No," he whispered and ducked his head, remorse cloaking his features.

"Then what's wrong?"

Jeongguk remained silent and headed to the couch with the other following him a beat later. "You wouldn't do anything to hurt me, right?"

"No, little bun. I would never do anything to hurt you."

"Yes, you wouldn't." A small smile dangled on the corner of his lips as he shook his head.

Taehyung observed him, still confused by his behavior. "Tell me what's wrong, please."

"It's just... Yunho said he saw us flirt. But I told him we weren't," he added in haste. "Anyway, he said if you want something from me is to... Um, you know..."

"To sleep with you?"

"Yeah."

"Please, don't listen to him. He's probably jealous because I genuinely care about someone else and that someone isn't him. I didn't want anything else with him, Yunho was just a fuck, but he can't seem to understand that."

Jeongguk's eyes enlarged at his last remark. "Yah! How am I supposed to trust you if you talk like that about Yunho hyung!?"

"You're not the same, Jeongguk. With you, I want—" He forced his lips together and whipped his gaze away. What the fuck was I about to say exactly?

"With me what?" He slid closer and searched for his eyes, but Taehyung turned his head away from him completely.

"Nothing."

"Tell me."

"Jeongguk," he muttered, eyes finding their way back to his gorgeous face at his whiny tone. "With you, it's just different." He combed through his hair with his fingers and rested his hand on his nape. "To sit and talk to you about anything is more than enough for me. I don't want anything else from you." If you don't want me to.

"You don't?"

"It's not about what I want."

"It is. I want to... I want to know what you want too."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I'll do anything you want right now. All you have to do is tell me what you want."

Taehyung gazed at him in depth, looking for a gleam of humor on his face, in his eyes — anywhere — but found none. Still unable to believe he was serious, he broke into a smile and ruffled his hair. "You're adorable, Kookie."

The younger was left dumbfounded by his actions. He wasn't supposed to pull away, he was supposed to... kiss him? Or something at least! Was Seokjin wrong about what he said? Maybe Taehyung didn't have that in mind when he had said that. Maybe Seokjin was wrong after all. But if he wasn't, it was his chance to find out.