㊴Why Are You Doing This?

Jeongguk stared at Taehyung above his shoulder as he strained against the guards' grip, wanting to stay with him for a little more — his desperate cries pricked his heart more than the thought of what would happen to him.

They shoved him into the car, and he glanced at the man in the driver's seat through teary eyes. Even though he couldn't recognize him, he didn't bother asking who he was.

He didn't care about what would happen to him because he thought it was the only way to help Taehyung. If he did what Wang wanted him to do, Taehyung would stay alive.

And Taehyung had to stay alive.

The ride was long and everything along the way was unfamiliar to Jeongguk. He had no idea where they were going, but he knew they were in the car for at least forty minutes.

His mind floated away from what would happen and focused only on Taehyung. He wanted him so much — he was in love for the first time in his life, and he couldn't enjoy it. He couldn't even be with the man he fell in love with. If Taehyung didn't love him back, he would understand and try to accept being away from him. But even though he didn't say it back, he knew he loved him too, and he couldn't live without him in his life.

They wanted each other desperately and they couldn't be happy together because of their messed-up lives. No, he couldn't accept that.

Another ten minutes must have passed when the driver finally stopped in front of what seemed like a hotel. The man got out and opened his door, waiting for him to do the same. Jeongguk eyed him for a spell, wary, but he slid out of the car with hesitant moves.

"Follow me," he said calmly. Unlike Kang's sidekicks, he seemed rather kind.

Jeongguk observed the building as they entered, and it was indeed a hotel, something that had his face twisting in confusion and terror. They got into the elevator, and the man pressed number twelve.

The doors opened, and Jeongguk trailed behind him without uttering a single word. Then they stopped in front of a door, and the unnamed man knocked twice. "He's waiting for you inside," he informed and strolled off.

Jeongguk snapped his head in the door's direction again when he heard it open, and there he stood, Wang, with an amused smile on his face. "Ah, pretty. It's been so, so long. Please come in."

Jeongguk was already disgusted by his gaze on him and couldn't even imagine what was awaiting him. He sat into the first armchair he found as Wang poured some whiskey into his glass. "How have you been?"

Jeongguk looked at him in disbelief. "Are you really asking me that?"

Wang's mood changed in the blink of an eye as he glared at him. "How about you be a good boy and talk to me respectfully? You're mine for today, pretty. You should be nice to me if you want me to be nice too."

Jeongguk gagged a bit at the thought of his hands on his body again. He had to be strong, though. He had to do it for Taehyung. "Okay," he uttered as his hands clenched into fists.

"Great! You know, Jeongguk." He neared him and sat on the big couch close to him. "I reserved the whole floor of this hotel only for us."

Does he want me to be happy about that?

"I'm so glad you accepted my deal. It looks like you really care about Taehyung, right? You're willing to give yourself to me so he can live. How does it feel?"

Jeongguk couldn't say he was scared at the moment. As he gazed at him and had an idea about what would happen, he grew apathetic about the whole situation. "What do you mean?"