⑤Daring, Aren't We?

"Follow me." Taehyung strode away at once, catching the other off guard. "You will have this pager. When someone wants something, the number of the booth will be displayed on the screen. If a customer wants you to keep them company, you will turn off your pager so you won't receive any pages."

"Um, won't I have an apron or something?"

He seized up in his tracks, and oblivious, the younger boy crashed into him, squishing his face against his back. A muffled 'oh' burst out of his mouth at the impact, and he tottered backwards clumsily.

Taehyung's forehead puckered as he spun around to lecture him, but the sight had him nibbling his bottom lip in an attempt to rein back a delighted chuckle that bubbled at the base of his throat. His eyes traveled the rather cute scowl engulfing his face, and he spectated as he fixed his hair that was split in the middle and revealed a part of his forehead.

Once he was done, he raised his doe eyes and looked at the boss, who was still staring at him. He perceived his hand drawing closer to him at a creep and felt his rather delicate fingers adjust a strand of his hair.

"What did you ask, little bun?" he questioned calmly, as if whatever happened moments ago was completely forgotten. Just like Jeongguk's knowledge on how to breathe.

"Um, won't I have an apron or something?" He couldn't possibly maintain eye contact with him — his gaze was so attentive and fierce it felt like it was soaking up his entire being like before.

The tip of his lips curved upwards a notch, and what seemed like a soft smile at first turned into a derisive one in a matter of seconds. "You have to look presentable, little bun. Wearing an apron is second class." Taehyung shuffled off again as the younger stood still, glaring at his back with a moue of sheer disapproval at his condescending remark.

What's wrong with wearing an apron? Second class... Your face is second class.

Okay, that was a lie.

He scurried along to catch up with him. Thankfully, he didn't seem aware that he stayed behind, or else he would have scolded him for sure.

"See this?" Taehyung wiggled a curtain that was placed around each booth for customers' privacy. "When you serve a customer, you say excuse me before you open the curtain and you close it fully once you're gone. You don't eavesdrop on customers, you don't care about what they do, you don't question anything. I'm the one who takes care of them with Namjoon, so I'll be here most of the time. I better not catch you doing anything stupid."

"Yes si—I mean V." He bit his bottom lip, preventing himself from saying anything else.

"Just say yes and nothing else," Taehyung hissed and sighed afterwards. He cocked a warning brow at him since he once again remained mute.

"Yes!" Jeongguk blurted out, panic spreading inside him.

"Questions?"

"Um... Who's Namjoon?"

"He helps me handling the VIP section, which means he's also your boss, so you better respect him."

"Yes."

"Anything else?"

"Um, I need something to write their orders."

"You can't remember a few drinks?"

"I don't want to make any mistakes."

Taehyung groaned and walked past him, shoulders brushing against each other in the process. Jeongguk followed him once again, and after a while, they stopped in front of the bar.