㊸That's All That Matters To Me

Seongwu explained the situation to the chief, and although he scolded him for taking Taehyung to see him when he had to bring him to the police station right away, he allowed Jeongguk to stay for the day at least.

That was how the two boys ended up in a cell, sitting in the bed with Taehyung resting his back against the wall and Jeongguk still clutching onto him like a koala.

"Can I hear your beautiful voice again, baby?" he asked in a hushed tone and gave him a sweet kiss on his shoulder.

"What should I s-say?" Jeongguk's voice started to become normal again and his stutter decreasing.

"Hmm, tell me how much you missed me."

Jeongguk chuckled as he pulled back enough to look at him. But once he thought about what he wanted to say, his smile saddened and poignancy settled in his eyes. "It was horrible... without you. Everything... Everything was horrible and just—just awful."

"Baby," he whispered as sorrow sprawled on his features, and he held his cheek in tender palms. "I'm sorry for leaving you alone. I won't leave you alone again."

"No, I'm s-sorry. I—you got hurt because of me again. And—and I thought that by doing what I was told you wouldn't get hurt, but still you—you even had to have surgery. I'm so sorry, Tae. I-I couldn't talk to you. I couldn't face you after you got hurt because of me again."

"Little bun. You didn't do anything wrong. I don't care about getting hurt. I only care about you and keeping you safe. Don't feel bad about what happened, okay? The only thing that matters is where we are now."

"We are in a cell, that's where we are," he snickered.

"That's not what I mean and you know it," Taehyung teased back, smiling from ear to ear. "Maybe we are in a cell, but we're together. Isn't that what matters?"

"Yes. Did you mean it?" He linked their foreheads, his eyes falling to his lips.

"Mean what?" Taehyung gripped his waist and tugged him a tad closer.

"That we can—we can start a new life together. Did you really choose me?"

"You have no idea how much I regret not choosing you the first time, little bun. I will always choose you. Nothing is as important as you. And yes, I meant it. I meant and I mean everything I say. We can do anything you want. Just don't ask me to not stay in jail because that's not my call, you know."

"I know, you dork." Jeongguk giggled, nudging his shoulder.

"And you can't stay here either, baby. You didn't do anything wrong."

"But—but I want to be with you."

Taehyung smiled fondly and kissed his pout away. "Are you willing to stay in jail just so you can be with me?"

"Yes." Although something playful was evident in Taehyung's voice, he answered genuinely. "I don't... I don't feel safe without you. Even the thought of not having you by my side makes me so scared, Taehyungie."

"I wish I can keep you here since you want that too. This is actually perfect. That's exactly what I wanted. You and I locked up somewhere with nothing else to do than cuddle and kiss. This isn't jail, this is heaven if you ask me."

"It does sound perfect." He caressed his still bruised cheek, gazing at him with fond eyes. "Thank you for loving me."

"Oh baby, don't thank me for that. I can't not love you. Except for the fact that you're the most beautiful and adorable boy ever, you're everything I didn't even know I needed in my life. You care about me, you make me laugh, you make me happy, you give me a reason to live and enjoy each day because I know you exist and you're mine."