㉛How Could You Do This To Me?

Namjoon went to get the younger and drove him home. They didn't say much since Jeongguk cried silently until the very moment they arrived outside of his house. He was outright scared about what would happen to him again, and he couldn't do anything about it.

He thanked Namjoon and then shuffled towards the door. "Seokjin hyung?" he questioned, surprised by his presence.

"Hey, Kook! It's been so—" Seokjin hushed up once he took a better look at his face. "What is this?"

Yoongi exploded out of his seat and scuttled closer. "What the fuck, Jeongguk?"

"Um, it's a really long story."

"Who the fuck did this to you?"

The three sat in the living room, and Jeongguk narrated everything that happened yesterday. About his father who went there and beat him up, about Taehyung who stopped him and beat his father, about Taehyung who helped him calm down and took care of him, and about staying at his house.

"Oh, Kookie," Seokjin said with a mournful expression and attempted to hug him, but he set a hand on his chest.

"My back is filled with, um, cuts and it hurts."

"Why the hell didn't you call me yesterday?" Yoongi asked with a furious scowl.

"You were sleeping, hyung. And Taehyung was there and took care of me. It's okay."

"I told you to call me no matter what!"

"Yoongi, don't yell at him," Seokjin uttered as he nudged his shoulder.

"I'm okay now. Taehyung... kept me safe. And he will keep me safe."

"I'm sorry, I'm just worried about you, Kook. Can you really trust him?"

"I can." He smiled as he thought about the moments they shared. "He cares about me. I know that for sure."

At that point, his phone started ringing, and he fumbled to get it out of his pocket. "Taehyung?" He jolted out of his seat and dashed to his bedroom.

"Hey, little bun."

"Where are you? Are you—are you okay?"

"Yes, he only talked to me. He didn't hurt me."

Jeongguk sighed instantly in relief. "So can I come to the club?"

"No, Kook. You have to rest, anyway. Please rest for today."

"Okay, Tae. Take care."

"You too, little bun."

Jeongguk inhaled a deep, shaky breath and blew out slowly. He's fine. He's fine. He couldn't help but smile as he returned to his hyungs.

"What was that all about?" Seokjin questioned with a curious look.

"Nothing."

"Who are you trying to fool? Look how you're smiling. Spill everything."

And Jeongguk talked about how Taehyung took care of him. Of course, he let out the kisses and hugs. They didn't have to know that.

"And we were like so close and he said he would do anything I wanted. All I had to do was ask. And it was the second time that happened, and I didn't know what to do because I didn't know what he meant!"

Seokjin gave the younger boy a knowing look. "Really? You don't know what he could possibly mean with that?"

"No."

There was a moment of silence as Jeongguk stared at the floor with a pout and Seokjin gazed at him in disbelief. "Jeongguk, hello! He wanted you to kiss him."