㉜Please

"Just don't freak out," Jeongguk uttered as he shifted in his seat.

"I can assure you that I'm already freaking out so just fucking explain."

"I work for the leader of a gang," Taehyung cut in, his voice hesitant, small.

"I'm not asking you."

"Just listen, um, hyung?" Taehyung tossed him a faltering glance.

"There are two reasons you shouldn't call me that. One, I'm younger than you, and two, even if I wasn't I don't like you."

"Okay, fair enough." He sighed. "I was homeless when he found me and only sixteen years old." Although Yoongi didn't even look at him and seemed rather uninterested, he continued. "He found me at a very hard time. I hadn't eaten for two days because nobody gave me any money. It was winter, so I was freezing outside, and when I thought I'll freeze to death, he showed up.

"Kang, the leader, takes orphans and homeless kids and raises them for his benefit. Usually to deliver drugs for him, and later on to take over or work at his clubs. And when I turned twenty-one, he chose me to run Hayan Night. The people in the VIP section go there to buy or try his cocaine. I don't use it. I only sell it to them."

Jeongguk couldn't even imagine how awful it must have been for him. And he also couldn't imagine it would hurt so much to hear about his past. His heart ached as if it split open, and all he could do was gaze at him with his eyes drown in tears.

"Jeongguk, please," Taehyung whispered as he turned his head away. He couldn't see him cry anymore. It was too much for him.

Yoongi glanced at the younger and detected his tears falling. He heaved a deep sigh as he stood up and went to his previous spot. Once he moved, Jeongguk scrambled to enclose him into his embrace, clinging to him for dear life, as Taehyung slid his arm around his nape in a flash.

"Wang is our client. And Jeongguk's father buys drugs from him. Apparently, Wang takes pictures of his clients' family members or important people in their lives so he can blackmail them if something goes wrong. That's how he knows Jeongguk, and he's obsessed with him for some reason. He wants him."

"That's just sick," Yoongi said, furious. "Why the fuck haven't you quit?"

"It's too late, anyway."

"Jeongguk, this is serious. You can be in real danger right now."

"I know."

"What do you mean you know? That's it, you're not going back there."

"Hyung, there is no point now. If Wang wants me, he knows where I live. Not going to work won't help."

"Then what the fuck is going to help?"

"I will," Taehyung spoke up. "I won't leave him alone. Wang won't be able to take him by force when he'll be at the club. And I will drive him to work and bring him back myself. He won't be alone. And you live in a place with numerous houses around, so he won't try to break into yours. He is a piece of shit, but he's a coward too."

"We also have a security system and the police station is literally down the corner. He wouldn't dare to come here, right?" Jeongguk peeked at Taehyung, who was caressing his nape.

"Yes, little bun. You just can't go anywhere by yourself, okay? Either you have to be with me or your other hyungs, okay?"

"Thank you, Tae."

"Why the hell are you thanking him? He brought you into this. He is the reason you have to be careful now. He did everything—"

"He's also the one who stood up for me and took a beating for me. He's the one who stopped my father and beat him afterwards. He took care of me and protected me."