㊺Are You Ready?

🌹This is a super long (4k+ words), boring chapter with Kang's, Wang's and Taehyung's trials. If you wish to skip it, I would totally understand and not hold it against you because I know some people find these things boring. At least read the end of the chapter, you won't be disappointed🌹

Also, note that I have no idea about trials and stuff, I searched for hours to be able to write this chapter and there are definitely going to be inaccuracies and I apologize for that.

🥀

Almost a week went by, and although it wasn't usual for a trial to be arranged so fast, Seongwu did everything he could to accomplish that. And that was how Kang's trial was scheduled for today, and Wang's trial was scheduled for two days later.

Jeongguk had been visiting him every day, even though Taehyung wasn't allowed to have so many visits in a week. Seongwu once again was the one who made that possible, and they were able to spend two hours together every day.

Also, in the past week, Jeongguk sued his father for child abuse, and the lawyer who was assigned to him for Wang's case took over that case as well. Of course, his father denied all charges and was set free until the trial due to the lack of evidence at the time.

Jeongguk got ready to go to the trial with Yoongi and Seokjin. He was so nervous about the whole thing he almost felt like puking. That man needed to rot in prison for everything he had done, and if he were to be proven not guilty, Jeongguk would lose it completely.

Once they arrived at the court, they sat at the back quietly. A few minutes later, two officers walked inside with Kang and led him to take his seat. Everyone stood up when the judge was about to enter and sat back down as the judge took his seat.

"Are both sides ready?" the judge asked.

"Yes, Your Honor," both sides said one after another.

"Begin."

The prosecution attorney stood up and bowed. "Your Honor and ladies and gentlemen of the jury. The defendant has been charged with drug trafficking, drug manufacturing, accessory to sexual assault, and accessory to aggravated assault. The evidence I will present will prove to you that the defendant is guilty as charged."

"Your Honor and ladies and gentlemen of the jury. Under the law, my client is presumed innocent until proven guilty. During the trial, you will hear no real evidence against my client. You will come to know the truth, that Kang Suhon is not related to any of the changes, therefore my client is not guilty."

"Very well. The prosecution may call its first witness."

The attorney called Taehyung as the first witness. He wasn't present until now in the trial, but after being called, two officers brought him inside. Once he vowed to tell the truth, he sat down and said some personal information before the prosecution attorney walked towards him.

"You work for Mr. Kang, don't you?"

"I used to."

"How long do you know him?"

"About nine years."

"And what exactly did you do for him?"

"I was running one of his clubs called Hayan Night."

"Can you elaborate more? What would be a usual night of work for you?"

"I would get to the club two hours earlier to check the supplies of cocaine I had left."