⑭It Just Felt Right

Jeongguk went to work an hour earlier.

He didn't know why, or maybe he just didn't want to admit the real reason. He wanted to see if V would be there. He had to talk to him about what he did, even though he was terrified to do so.

He knew he would be mad; he spoke to Solji disrespectfully and told her that she's more than welcome to leave. He actually told her to leave. Who? Jeongguk, just a twenty-year-old server who didn't know shit about V's club or his boss.

He left his bag in the usual room and trudged towards his office. He knocked thrice and waited until he heard his deep voice telling him to come in.

And he did.

Once he opened the door, he spotted V sitting on the couch, a glass of whiskey in his hand and brows creased in curiosity. Their gazes met, but he just lowered his head again, rather indifferent by his visit, and took a sip of his drink.

Seeing his reaction, Jeongguk's wary smile was replaced by a frown and his shoulders drooped as he neared him. At least V didn't tell him to leave. Well, that was something.

He peeped at him, trying to ask for permission to sit, but V didn't spare him another glance. He chewed on his lower lip, unsure, and tentatively sat next to him.

The silence between the two was thick and awkward for the younger. He had to do something. He saw some clean glasses on the table and took one. Then he eyed the bottle of whiskey that was on the table, but as he reached out to grab it, V snatched it first. He poured an almost tiny amount of whiskey into his glass without making eye contact.

His eyes remained glued to his face until the moment V turned around again and faced the front. The amount of alcohol in his glass seemed so small to him he thought he could drink it in one go. And so he did.

When he swallowed it, a disgusted expression engulfed his face, his tongue sticking out as a small whine seeped through his lips. He could see the side of V's face, and he noticed how the corner of his lips twitched. "Are you laughing at me?"

He didn't have to look at him then to know he was indeed laughing at him since he heard his low, stifled chuckle. "You're mean," he mumbled and extended his hand to get hold of the bottle, wanting to drink some more.

But again, V beat him to it. "This is strong, and you're not used to drinking."

"Just one more," he said in a hushed tone, puppy eyes making their appearance, as well as a pout on his lips.

V twisted his head and glimpsed at him with what seemed like a deadpan expression to Jeongguk. This little bun, he thought as he picked up the bottle and poured a tiny amount into his glass again.

This time, he didn't take his eyes away from him. He spectated as Jeongguk raised his glass and gulped down his drink in one go. He was thankful he didn't miss that. Jeongguk's grimace with his tongue peeking out and tiny whines coming out of his mouth. Why the hell did he look so cute?

Unable to control his face, V cracked a smile and snapped his head away, not wanting to be seen.

"You're laughing at me again," Jeongguk complained, brows puckered.

"I'm not, you're just—" He stopped himself before he got to blurt out his previous thoughts, and he took a swig of his drink, finishing it.

"I'm what?"

"Nothing." His hand drew closer to the bottle to refill his drink, but Jeongguk held his wrist, stopping his movements.

"How many did you have?"