⑲You Didn't Answer Me

Jeongguk was devastated.

He cared so much for Taehyung and it hurt him unbearably a lot that he couldn't stay next to him. And although he told him it was okay, nothing was okay. Because knowing he didn't care about him was like a harsh slap on his face. Knowing he didn't have a place for him was like a five-minute beating from his father. And knowing whatever he was feeling Taehyung would never return it, there wasn't even something to describe how much it hurt him.

He barely knew Taehyung for two and a half weeks, but he felt surprisingly too attached to him. He couldn't help it. Jeongguk was a person of emotions. Whatever he was feeling, he was feeling it double. If he was happy, he was extremely happy. If he was sad, he was a fucking wreck. If he cared about someone, he would give his everything. There wasn't anything in between. It was like the cliche phrase; all or nothing.

That was why he often broke into tears and why he couldn't control his emotions. Honestly, he hated it. He hated that he cared so much about everything. He hated that he was getting attached to people so easily. He always ended up hurt because of that.

But now, he couldn't just forget about Taehyung and not care about him. He was on his mind all the time. He was worried to death. Was he okay? Had he woken up? Had he left the hospital? It was itching him to send him a text at least to ask how he was, but he couldn't do it. Because Namjoon was right. Taehyung didn't need a kid like him in his life.

He was foolish enough to believe him when V said that he cared about him. Probably he wanted to earn something. He didn't know what, but why else would he say that? He never did anything if he wouldn't gain something. That was what Namjoon said, and he knew him for years. Of course, he knew better than him.

He stayed home all day and mostly in his bedroom. Although Yoongi asked him many times if he was okay, he only said that he was tired and wanted to rest. He didn't know how he was supposed to go to work the next day and see V.

What was he supposed to say? How was he supposed to act? He could just say 'hello' or something, and that would be it. That was a good plan. Was it too much to ask him if he was okay? Probably yes, right? They weren't friends. They didn't actually know each other. He didn't have a reason to do that.

. . .

Taehyung was okay. Physically. Although his body was aching and he had nasty bruises and wounds in numerous places on his body, he was healing slowly. He left the hospital later that day and went to his house. Similarly, he spent his day at home and mostly in his bedroom. He didn't go to work either. His face was badly beaten, and he knew it wasn't a pleasant sight for his customers to see.

So he chose to stay home and do nothing. Nothing except for thinking about a certain little bun. Ah, he was such an idiot. He froze — he stayed there, pretending to sleep when he could hear everything Jeongguk said loud and clear. He didn't tell him that Namjoon was wrong, he didn't tell him that he couldn't see him so hurt anymore, he didn't tell him that he didn't want him to cry anymore. He didn't tell him anything.

Why? Because Jeongguk would only get hurt more. They didn't belong together, not as friends, not as something more, not even as simple acquaintances. Taehyung was only bad news for him, and he knew it. That was why he had to stay away. He was a drug dealer after all.

Probably Jeongguk saw drugs for the first time in his life up close while V was selling them for years. He only had a beer before he met him, but V had a whole collection of drinks in his office and another one in his house. He was dealing with disgusting people every day for the last four years while Jeongguk had no idea what they were really capable of.