㉓Surprise

"Are you okay?" Yunho caressed his shoulder, smiling.

"I can't... I can't stop thinking about what you said."

"He can't hurt you in here, Jeongguk. And as you said, customers can't page you for company anymore. You're safe here from him."

Jeongguk nodded and directed his attention to his pager that went off a second later. He offered Yunho a warm smile and trod towards booth number sixteen. "Excuse me."

"Come in, kiddo."

His face brightened at the sound of her voice. "Hwasa-ssi! It's been so long. Where were you?"

"I've been busy, Jeonggukie. How are you?" She grinned as she gestured him to have a seat.

"I'm good, I guess."

"I heard you don't keep company to customers anymore."

"Yeah, things happened and... I can say that I'm free."

"I can tell that a lot are hiding behind your words. Too bad we can't chat some more."

"Yeah, I would like to talk to you more, but I can't now." A saddened smile surfaced on his lips since she was the only nice and kind customer who had asked him for company.

"Well then, bring me one tequila sunrise and call V for me, can you do that?"

"Um, sure." The thought of talking to V when things were so weird between them brought him a surge of nervousness. "Can I ask how you know V so well?"

"Why do you think I know him well?"

"From the things you said last time, I could tell you know a lot about V and this club."

"Well, I've been coming here for three years now and I've talked to him quite a lot."

"Oh, okay. I'll be back soon." He exited the booth and eyeballed the place in search of V. He located him at the bar drinking what seemed to be a glass of whiskey and resumed his way to him with hesitant steps, shoulders drooping a tad and his anxiety only hiking up.

Once he neared him enough, he stood beside him, timorous. "Hwasa told me to call you. She wants to talk to you."

Taehyung gulped down the rest of his drink and slammed the glass against the counter, shattering it instantly.

He flinched at his sudden action and slapped a hand over his mouth which popped open with a sharp gasp of shock. "Your—your hand," he spluttered as he stared at the blood all over his palm and fingers. He reached for some napkins and held his wrist to wipe the blood, but V yanked his hand away.

Without even glimpsing at him, he grabbed a few napkins, pressed them against the cuts to stop the bleeding, and stormed off.

"Don't take it personally," the bartender said with a sigh. "He's not having a good day."

Jeongguk was too startled by everything that happened in just one minute to comprehend what the bartender just said. "One tequila sunrise."

"What happened to your hand?" Hwasa asked with raised brows.

"Nothing. What do you want?"

"Why are you being an asshole again?" she snickered as she crossed one leg over the other.

"This is just not a good day so please, just tell me what you have to say."

"Fine, I won't ask anything about that. I only have one question for you." She eyed his stoic expression in depth for a stretch. "Why did Jeongguk stop keeping company to customers?"