⑨Little Bun

Jeongguk didn't go to work the next day.

He didn't know if he even wanted to go again, but when he woke up and looked at himself in the mirror, he detected faint bruises cloaking his neck. Panic swept over him, and he dreaded to think what would happen if Yoongi saw those bruises. He was thankful for the two high-necked sweaters his mother had gotten him as a gift. Usually, he wasn't wearing turtleneck sweaters, but he would start now for sure.

Honestly, he wasn't scared of V. Maybe he was yesterday, and of course justifiably, but for some damn reason, he trusted Namjoon's words. He believed that V would have stopped even if Namjoon hadn't appeared. He knew that telling him he was the same as that sickening bitch when he had tried to help him infuriated him so much he couldn't control himself.

Or maybe the trauma his father left him the day he beat him up so badly had made him numb to physical pain or simply apathetic towards physical abuse.

🥀

"He's not coming," Namjoon uttered as they prepared the VIP section for the customers.

"I'm not expecting him to come."

"You have been glancing at the door nonstop since we started working."

V remained mute and settled for a frosty look. He knew he wasn't coming. He would be crazy if he were to come again, but he continued glancing at the door nonetheless.

He was relieved that he didn't see Solji at the club, but at the same time bothered by her absence. She had been going there every day and the fact that she wasn't there definitely meant something, but Taehyung didn't know what, and maybe he didn't even want to.

Another usual night passed, and V finally went home. He had a spacious house, not so much luxurious as simple and cozy. He had more than enough money to have a villa, but he didn't want to get attention, nor he liked living in a ridiculously enormous house all alone.

He could never sleep well. He woke up at random times, and usually, it took him ten to fifteen minutes to sleep again if he even could in the first place. These about six hours he slept every day weren't enough to actually rest, but he just couldn't sleep more, no matter how sleepy or tired he was.

And as the day passed, he got ready to go to the club. He usually went there two hours earlier than everyone to check and arrange some things. He was ready to open his car's door when a horn blasted out, startling him. He jerked his head at the source of the noise and saw a car parked across the road - a rather familiar car.

He felt a deluge of agitation sprawl through him and had to clench the keys in his hands to make sure he wouldn't drop them. The man who was in the passenger seat flashed him a wicked smirk and beckoned him to get into the car.

V didn't protest. He didn't have that choice, anyway. Trying to remain poised and not think about the worst, he edged closer and got into the back seat, uneasy.

"Long time no see, Taehyung," the driver snickered. "I think you did something wrong."

"Why are you here?" he asked once they started driving away from his house.

"When was the last time we were here?" Sijan, the one in the passenger seat, asked with a mocking smile.

Oh V could remember the last time they were there quite vividly, even though it had been eight months.

"The big head has some questions for you. We thought after last time you would know better than to piss him off, but apparently, you don't." A sinister chuckle echoed in the car, and after that, V stayed silent for the rest of the ride. He knew what was coming, and the only thing he could do was accept it.