㉚I Will Do Anything

"You'll stay here and we'll go to work together, right?" Taehyung asked as he peeped at him above his shoulder.

"If you want me to."

"Of course I do. But I have to go to the club two hours earlier than you. You'll come with me, hmm?"

"Yes, if you want to..."

"What do you want?"

"Um, I—I want that too."

A mellow chuckle seeped through his lips as he crept closer to him. "Why are you so shy now? If you want something, you can say it, little bun." He offered him a warm smile as he cupped his cheeks.

"I don't know, really. I don't want you to think I'm clinging to you."

"I think you don't deserve my waffles with what you just said." He pressed his forehead against his playfully. "Where's that coming from?" He trod back to his previous spot to continue cooking.

"I just... I know you promised things and took care of me, but I don't want you to feel obligated to do anything," he mumbled. He just didn't want to be a bother, and he didn't even know why Taehyung cared so much in the first place.

"I can assure you that I don't feel obligated to do anything when I'm with you. Everything I do, I do it because I want to. So I'm asking you to not be shy to tell me what you want. Your opinion matters to me more than you know." He placed the last waffle on a plate and grabbed it before walking towards the table. "And if you don't want to cling to me, can I cling to you? Because damn, I really want to do that."

The younger snorted as a wide smile stretched on his lips. "I want to do that too. I just didn't know if you had a problem with that."

"You shouldn't stop yourself from saying or doing things because you think I don't want you to. You're free to say and do whatever you want, and if I have a problem, I promise, I'll tell you." He gazed at him with soft eyes and tucked a strand of hair behind his ear. "Promise number twenty-six. Write that down."

"It's not promise number twenty-six!" Jeongguk giggled as he gave him an impish push. "You haven't made that many promises."

"Oh, really? It feels like it. Jokes aside, I'm sorry for promising so many things. I just can't help it. I feel like I want to give you... everything."

His lips formed into an 'O' shape and his distinctive puppy eyes made their appearance at his remark. "Why?"

"What do you mean why?" Taehyung scoffed as he curled his fingers around his nape and pressed a sweet kiss on his forehead. "I care about you, and I want to fill your life with happy memories. You don't deserve to have any bad ones."

"Tae." They didn't know how it happened, but their faces ended up a breath away from each other. Their gazes were locked, and as Jeongguk felt utterly anxious, Taehyung had a slight smile on his lips.

"Jeongguk," he uttered, his breath hitting the other's face. "I'll do anything you want right now." He passed his fingers through his hair and let his hand rest on his nape. "All you have to do is tell me what you want."

Jeongguk was confused like yesterday when they were in a similar situation in Taehyung's office. Why did he say that again and what was he supposed to do about it? "Tae, I—I don't know. I don't know w-what you want me to do."

"I told you. It's not about what I want you to do. It's about what you want to do." He was on a whole other level of desperation by now, and it took everything he had not to close the gap between them himself.

Taehyung knew he was innocent and pure, and honestly, he didn't want to pressure him into something he might be uncomfortable with. He saw yesterday how much he freaked out when he kissed his neck and back, and he dreaded to think how he would react if he effaced that damn small gap between them.