⑪You Never Did, Anyway

Everything felt unreal. In one freaking day, he found V terribly beaten, a man he had never seen before knew a load of things about him, he found out that V was probably gay or at least bi, and that Yunho had sex with him. What the actual fuck?

He wanted to talk to Yunho after their shift, but he was too tired to think properly, so he settled on talking to him the next day, which came in a flash.

He didn't forget to apply the cream Yaesung gave him, although compared to yesterday, the bruises were a little better. Still visible, but faintly. After saying goodbye to Yoongi, who thankfully hadn't noticed his bruises since he wore another high-necked sweater again, he took the bus and went to Hayan Night.

He didn't expect to see V there, but a part of him wanted to believe that he'd be there. Or simply he wanted him to be there. He was worried about him, and he didn't even have his phone number or Namjoon's to ask how he was.

Once he entered the club, he trod to the usual room to change his clothes. What seemed strange was that there wasn't an outfit on the table for him as the previous days. He had arrived half an hour earlier too, and the other employees weren't there yet to ask someone what was going on.

He went back outside and looked around for a stretch. He noticed the cleaner walking towards him and sighed in relief. "Excuse me, do you know if Namjoon is here?"

"Oh, Namjoon isn't here."

"What about Jimin?"

"He's not here either." He halted and glanced at him above his shoulder. "V is here, though."

Jeongguk's face contorted into a frown. How could he be there after all this beating? How could he work after all this beating?

He pitched forward and scuttled to his office, his breath uneven, shaky. He raised his tremoring hand and knocked on the door twice. After hearing a faint 'come in', he gripped the handle but hesitated. He pushed his thoughts away and slid the door open.

V didn't raise his head from his laptop until he heard the door close. And once he did, he burst out of his seat, wincing in pain in the process. "What are you doing here?"

Jeongguk couldn't utter a single word after glimpsing at his face. His right eye was swollen and bruised, as well as his bottom lip, and multiple scars were painted on his forehead, cheeks, jaw, almost everywhere.

"I asked you something."

He lowered his head but remained glued to his spot, just two steps away from the door. "I work here."

"No, you don't. You quit, remember?"

"I didn't... mean it."

"Do I fucking care? Get the fuck out."

Jeongguk curled his upper lip inwards, slipping it between his teeth, still keeping his gaze away as tears beaded at the corner of his eyes. "Are you okay?" he spoke too quietly to be understood.

"What?"

"Are you... okay?"

V's rigid features mellowed at his question, his stomach clenching with something he couldn't register upon hearing his quivery, fragile voice.

As some seconds passed and the room was still swamped with suffocating silence, Jeongguk shot him a string of tentative glances, a tear trickling down his cheek. "I'm just asking if... if you're okay." With his whispering words, more tears spilled from his drained eyes, but he stayed unmoving, thinking V couldn't see them because of the distance.

V swallowed past his dry throat and managed a deadpan expression as he sank back onto his chair. "Jeongguk... Please leave."

"But why?"