㊵No One Is As Strong As You

Namjoon charged into the hospital, agonized about his friend's condition, and hurried to the reception. "Hello, I—I'm looking for Kim Taehyung."

"One second please." The woman behind the counter checked something on the computer. "He's in surgery right now."

"Surgery?"

"Yes. He's in for exploratory laparotomy. I can page his doctor when the surgery is done."

"Is it serious? Is his life in danger?"

"There is a risk with every surgery, and from what I see here, he has a massive bleeding in his stomach. At this point, we can't know how things will go."

"How long will it take?"

"It can take one to four hours. We can't know that either."

"Can you please call me when he's out of surgery?" He saw the woman nod, and he wrote his number on a piece of paper she gave him. "Thank you." He strolled off, drawing in deep breaths to mellow his pounding heart, and decided to go to Jeongguk's and Yoongi's place to see how the younger was.

"Oh, hi," Seokjin said with a weak smile and stepped aside to let him come in.

"I hope it's okay that I came without notice."

"Yeah, don't worry about it."

Namjoon studied his weathered face and reddened eyes while they settled down on the couch, a heavy sigh passing through his lips. "How is Jeongguk?"

"Not good. Yoongi went to check on him again. He hasn't said a word since the moment you found him."

"He's probably still in shock," Namjoon said in a soft tone, and the other nodded at his remark.

"How is Taehyung?"

"He's in surgery. He has a massive bleeding in his stomach and they don't know how long it'll take to finish."

"Poor baby," Seokjin whispered as sadness crept over his drawn face. "I hope he makes it."

Yoongi walked into the living room, and although he kept his head ducked, the two boys could discern the hopelessness on his traits and his watery, bloodshot eyes.

"What happened?" Seokjin asked as the other joined them on the couch.

"Nothing. He's still not talking, he's still crying, and when I tried to hold his hand, he whimpered and moved away. I don't know what the fuck to do." Yoongi rested his elbows on his thighs and held his head with both hands.

"Maybe give him time?" Namjoon suggested, wary.

"Can't Taehyung come here? Maybe he'll be able to make him feel better."

"Well, he's having surgery right now, so no."

"Why does he have to have surgery now?" Yoongi murmured to himself, frustrated.

"Yeah, excuse him for dying," Seokjin spat out with an eye roll.

"Don't start, Seokjin. I'm really not in the mood."

"You didn't even ask what's wrong with him or if he'll make it. That's not okay."

"Yeah, maybe because I have a crying, mute Jeongguk and I don't know what the fuck to do about it! I'm so fucking scared that he won't be the same anymore after this!"

Silence veiled them as they stared at the floor aimlessly. Everything was beyond messed up, and they didn't know what to do about it.

"Can I talk to him?" Namjoon asked.