㉞Neither Can I

Taehyung took a quick shower as Jeongguk settled in the living room, watching TV. It didn't take long for the food to come as the pizza place was only ten minutes away. It was quiet as they ate, both watching whatever was on TV, but it wasn't tense or awkward between them.

Swallowing his last bite, Taehyung peeked at him and detected a faint, rather endearing pout on his lips as he held a piece of pizza in his hand. He couldn't help the fond smile that overtook his face as he spectated Jeongguk drawing in a mouthful of air and blowing out slowly.

"You're full, huh?"

Unaware of Taehyung's gaze on him, he gave him a side look, his pout only deepening. "I think I'll puke if I eat more."

"You wanted the extra-large size!"

"I was starving then! I thought I could eat all of my pieces," Jeongguk whined as he dropped the piece of pizza into the box.

"It's okay, we can eat pizza as breakfast." Taehyung patted his head and then grabbed the box to take it to the kitchen. When he returned, he stood next to Jeongguk, who was already looking at him warily.

"What are we doing now?" he asked in a hushed tone, his eyes shying away from his piercing but soft gaze.

Taehyung extended his hands in front of him with a tender smile, and he held onto them as he copied his smile. "Now, we're going to our room so I can change your bandages." He heaved him to his feet and slipped into his hug with his back pressing against his chest, and they waddled to the bedroom, mellow chuckles surrounding them along the way.

Jeongguk didn't comment nor questioned the 'our room' part because damn, it felt so nice hearing it from him.

He perched in the bed with his legs outstretched in front of him and Taehyung sat behind him cross-legged. "Can I lift your shirt?"

"Yes," he uttered. He loved how thoughtful and gentle Taehyung was with him.

With his permission, he pulled his shirt up and placed it on his nape. He unstuck every bandage with ease and took a look at his back. "The cuts are healing nicely," he murmured as he traced the skin that wasn't marked with his fingertips. "It doesn't hurt that much, right?"

"No, it's—I feel it better." His touch, although so delicate and almost imperceptible, had a stream of shivers trickling down every bone in his body.

Taehyung smiled softly. "You know what? For every cut, you get a kiss." He took a bandage in his hands and placed it on the first cut. Then, he leaned closer and pressed a sweet kiss above it.

Jeongguk nipped at his bottom lip as a smile flashed up onto his features, and he rocked his feet from side to side, feeling sheepish.

Taehyung perceived his cute action and chuckled as he grabbed the next bandage and stuck it on another cut. A gentle kiss was placed on his skin close to the cut, making Jeongguk squeal in his head. He repeated the same actions for the next five cuts and dragged his shirt down once he finished.

Jeongguk's whole face blazed with a shade of red as he patted the bedsheets with both hands, nervous. He was all out startled when Taehyung suddenly set a hand on his shoulder and straddled him in a swift move. Hands crawled to his neck and securely held it, causing his heart to prance in his chest.

"Little bun," he whispered, his gaze soft and glued to his still surprised one. "I want to make you mine." His lips hovered over his forehead and drew a sugary kiss there seconds later. "And I want to be yours." He peppered delicate kisses on the side of his face at a creep until he reached his jawline.

Jeongguk met his gaze, his cheeks and ears still reddened, his breath growing erratic as his heart palpitated madly. He fisted his shirt and shifted an inch closer — somehow he managed to pull him closer too.