⑩That's About To Change

"Don't do that. Your hands are dirty," the doctor said as he pulled a pack of tissues out of his pocket and passed one to him.

But Jeongguk didn't grab it. He stared at his hands that were coated with blood, memories of what happened six months ago infiltrating in his head and causing his whole body to numb. He began shaking again, eyes glued to his hands, tears falling unwillingly.

"Hey, kid, why don't we go inside so you can rest for a moment, hmm?" he asked in a soft tone and reached out to set his hand on his back, but the younger flinched and took a step back. "It's okay." He offered him a soothing smile as he kept his hands in the air, showing him he wasn't a threat. "Do you remember me treating V? I won't hurt you." He extended a hand in front of him, waiting for him to hold it.

Jeongguk eyed it for a spell, still shuddering and breathing unevenly. He dragged his hand closer then and clutched it.

"That's it. I won't hurt you. What's your name?" the doctor asked as he led him into the club.

"Jeongguk."

"I'm Yaesung. How old are you, Jeongguk?"

"I'm twenty... one," he added in a rush, unsure if he could tell him the truth.

"Okay." He smiled as they entered V's office, and he helped him sit on the couch, scanning him through soft eyes; he wasn't shaking that much anymore and his tears seemed to have stopped. "Can I see your neck?"

He lifted his head slowly and laid his tired eyes on him. He stayed still for a while, contemplating if he should let him do it or not. With hesitant moves, he slid the turtleneck down and revealed his neck.

Yaesung inched closer and examined it. "Can I touch your neck? It doesn't look swollen, but I want to be sure."

He gave a wan nod, and the doctor placed his hands on each side of his neck, applying light presume. "Does it hurt?"

"When you press it yes," he whispered, and then Yaesung retracted his hands.

"It doesn't look so bad, but it would be good to use this cream." He opened his bag and took out the item. "It will help the bruises fade away faster. It's herbal cream, so you can use it for as long as you need it. You should apply some at least three times a day."

"Thank you."

"No worries. If you need anything or if you want help, you can call me anytime, okay?" He gave him a card with his number and the address of his health clinic. The younger nodded with a small smile, and once he thanked him again, the doctor left the office.

A heavy sigh seeped through his lips as his eyes traveled to the couch across from him, which had V's blood almost everywhere. Unable to look at it anymore, he pushed himself to his feet and dragged the drape away. He shuffled to the bathroom and dropped it there before he washed his hands and face.

As he just finished cleaning up, he heard the door open and flinched at the noise. He walked outside with faltering steps, only to see a blonde boy scope the office.

"What are you doing here?" Jimin asked with a scowl, but when his eyes fell to his clothes, which had bloodstains all over, his expression altered into a confused one. "Why do you have blood on you?"

"Um, V is... injured? It looked like someone beat him... badly."

"Fuck, again?" He didn't think about the words that slipped his mouth as frustration and worry consumed him.

"What do you mean again?"

"It's not your concern. Aren't you working?"

Maybe he doesn't know I quit two days ago. "I do. I just need clothes."