⑮You Made It Go Away

Jeongguk felt his stomach stir with restlessness as he cast him a row of timid glances, unsure about what to do, or more accurately, what he was supposed to do.

Taehyung, on the other hand, seemed surprisingly calm. His soft gaze rested on his face, absorbing every inch, an imperceptible smile embellishing his lips.

"Um, I should probably leave you... continue what you were doing." A titter escaped him as he ventured to look at him for more than a second.

"I was just... drinking, though?"

"Oh, right."

There was a moment of silence after that; Jeongguk couldn't see his expression darken since he refrained from making eye contact again. "How do you know about Kang?"

The question had his muscles frosting over with disquiet and his eyes growing bigger. "I know a lot of things now." He couldn't help but think about him and Yunho again. It was the sole thing that bothered him the most, and it wasn't even that important.

"Meaning?"

"Will you... get mad and yell at me if I tell you?"

Taehyung's lips curved into a soft smile as he stepped closer insensibly. The next thing his body screamed at him to do was cup his face, but he suppressed his sudden need. "I won't. Why would I get mad for something that already happened?" He gestured towards the couch instead, silently suggesting to move there to sit.

The younger nodded and made a step but spun around. "Okay!" he blurted out as he remembered he was supposed to answer when V was talking to him. He observed his confused, startled face for a spell and ducked his head. "I didn't answer you, and you've said to answer you."

Taehyung's face softened upon hearing his murmur, and he offered him a warm smile. "Don't worry about it."

His words caught him off guard, and as Taehyung headed to the couch as if nothing happened, he stayed stock still in his spot. Did I hear right or am I imagining things again? He tilted his head to the side as he mused over what the fuck just happened, his brows wrinkling in bewilderment.

V perceived that he didn't follow him and twisted around to inspect.

His glazed gaze became focused again, and he looked back at Taehyung, who seemed baffled by his actions. He hung his head and scurried to him, hoping he wouldn't question anything.

As if Taehyung heard his wish, he didn't comment anything and sat next to him, leaving just a small gap between them. He could espy how tense he was, and he hated it. But he had to ask the things he needed to know. "It's okay, just tell me what you know."

He shifted to face him, his knee touching his thigh lightly. "I told you that Wang knows everything about me. But apparently, he knows a lot of things about you too."

"Like what?"

"He knows about Kang, but I guess everyone does except me. He also knows about you and... Yunho."

Eyes narrowing to a pinprick and body tensing up throughout, he felt his heartbeat rise. "No," he breathed out, fingers digging into his palms.

He peeked at his frenzied look and gulped. "He-he knows that you slept with him."

V lost every ounce of self-control and slammed his fist against the table in front of him, causing the bottle of whiskey to collapse, and the liquid spilled on the table and floor since it was open.

Jeongguk gasped, taken aback by how fast and easy it was for V to get angry. He jerked forward to pick up the bottle, trying to save the remaining whiskey. He rose to his feet to find something to clean it up, but V gripped his hand before he could leave.