⑯Think Whatever You Want

Jeongguk didn't have to keep company to customers anymore. It was that simple, yet the price was big. In these nine years he had been working for Kang, to take just another beating wouldn't hurt him. He couldn't really say that he was used to it, no matter how many times it had happened, but he knew exactly what to expect so he was kind of prepared for it.

And when he found the opportunity, he pulled Namjoon to the side subtly. "Kang is preparing to call me soon and... you know, beat me up."

The words fell from his lips so casually they brimmed Namjoon with shock. "What the fuck are you talking about?"

"Listen, you don't have to worry. When his sidekicks appear, I'll just text you so you'll be on stand by and call Yaesung too. You know he's always dropping me outside of the club afterwards, so when I text you, come here with Yaesung, okay?"

"V, why are you so cool about this? How can you be so calm? What did you even do?"

"I don't know. It's going to happen. I should just accept it. And you don't have to worry about what I did." He presented a weak smile to him and strolled off.

Solji's face was priceless when V informed her with a smug smile that she couldn't page Jeongguk to keep her company anymore. And she couldn't do anything about it because Kang himself had agreed to this.

Other than Solji whining and bitching about the situation for a rather long time, everything went by quietly. She was so pissed and bothered that she couldn't have her way she left. And all the employees in the VIP section couldn't be happier about it.

🥀

A few days passed with Jeongguk going to work earlier than usual. He wouldn't admit it, but he did it for Taehyung. He was scared. He couldn't help but go to work earlier to check if he was there, and mostly if he was okay. He hadn't forgotten about the beating that was awaiting Taehyung, and honestly, he couldn't. It occupied his mind at all times, even at work sometimes, but not when he was with him.

The past three days, they spent an hour together before their shift drinking a glass of whiskey. Maybe more. They also chatted about various things, but only about general things. Like about their preferences in food, what they did in their free time, and what they wanted to do.

Taehyung also shared his knowledge and appreciation about the numerous kinds of alcoholic drinks since Jeongguk had no idea about that. The first time he had a beer was that night at Hayan Night when he went with his hyungs. He never really cared about alcohol since he was underage.

They didn't talk about their life before they met. Although Jeongguk knew some things since he opened up about his life a little bit that day in his office, he didn't do it again, and Taehyung didn't ask about his past either. It was like an unwritten rule between the two.

Someone could say they were two good friends. But by the way Jeongguk blushed rather frequently when they touched or when Taehyung teased him or even complimented him, it wasn't that clear what they were.

No one knew about this. In front of others, they acted like a boss and a worker. That was what they were anyway, right? But then again, why didn't it feel like that anymore?

. . .

Jeongguk skipped towards V's office with a blissful smile on his lips. He couldn't wait to spend the next one hour with Taehyung talking about random things. He knocked on the door and waited and waited... and waited. Hard creases bloomed all over his forehead as he knocked again.

By now, he was shaking.

"V." He swung the door open and pure consternation burst onto his face when he found the office empty. That was exactly what he was terrified of. That he would go there and Taehyung wouldn't answer him. And it just happened.