④Don't Worry About That

"So you're telling me that someone caught you listening to some conversation, then dragged you to his office, and then offered you a job?"

"Yes."

"Not only offered you a job, but you took it too? And you even signed a contract?"

"Yes."

"You accepted to work at a club?"

"Yes."

"You accepted to work at a fucking club, Jeongguk!"

"Hyung, don't yell at me," he uttered with a small voice as he lowered his head.

They were currently at their house, and the younger narrated everything that happened yesterday. Although Yoongi questioned him the moment he returned from his talk with the boss, he was too tired to talk about it, and he even fell asleep once he got into the car.

Yoongi heaved a deep sigh as he sat next to him again. "You can't work at a club, Kook, you're underage. And despite that, it's dangerous. You're not made for this."

"But I'll be handling the VIP section. There won't be so many people there, right? And besides, he'll pay me lots of money, hyung."

He still seemed doubtful about the whole thing. Something didn't seem right to him. "But Kook, listen to me. They caught you listening to some conversation you weren't supposed to, and then they offered you a job. It kind of sounds like they want to keep an eye on you."

"Why would they want that?" he asked with a pout as he couldn't understand what Yoongi was implying.

"Because whatever they think you heard was probably important. But you said what you actually heard wasn't anything important, right?" He saw him nod, still pouting. "Something is definitely going on. They didn't just offer you a job because of their kindness. They didn't even know you were looking for a job!"

"Please, stop yelling, hyung," he whispered as he shut his eyes.

"I'm sorry. I'm just worried about you. And I can't even protect you in the VIP section."

"You don't have to protect me all the time. I know I'm dense about a lot of things, but I can't be like this anymore. I'm twenty years old. I have to grow up."

Yoongi felt a pang in his chest for some reason. By the age of twenty, one should be living their college life carefree and partying. Not staying at a friend's house because their own father doesn't accept who they are. Nor dropping out of college and working full time at something they don't even like.

He pushed his thoughts away and ignored the sobering feeling that rushed through him. He wrapped a comforting arm around him and placed Jeongguk's head on his shoulder. "If it's too much and you don't like it, you can always find something else, Kook. Just because he'll give you a lot of money doesn't mean you have to work there if you don't like it."

"I know, hyung, I'll just go tonight and see how it will be."

"And if something happens, call me right away and I'll be there, okay?"

"But you'll be sleeping."

"Doesn't matter."

"Hyung, you hate it when someone wakes you up."

"That doesn't apply to you, Kook," he said in a mellow tone, raising a smile from him.

"Thank you." He pulled him into another short hug, and they continued drinking their coffee. Since Yoongi was an accountant, he could work from home if he wasn't needed in the office, and for the time being, he didn't have to go there.