⑰I'm So Sorry

After their... fight? Jeongguk didn't know what it was, but after whatever happened, they didn't talk at all. They only stole brief glances of each other but nothing more. When they finished with the closing, V disappeared to his office, and he didn't bother looking for him.

Was he too much? Was he overreacting? He just figured out on his own that he was working for a drug dealer this whole time. They were using cocaine right there, almost in front of his eyes, and he missed it. Okay, maybe he was too much when he asked if Taehyung was using too, but he really didn't know what to think.

Honestly, he felt like shit. He could see how disappointed he looked before he walked out of the bathroom. And as much as he tried to stay mad at him for keeping it a secret, he couldn't because V had made it clear from the beginning. Whatever was happening in the VIP section, it didn't concern him nor affected him in any way.

Okay, when he mulled over it the next day, he could admit that he overreacted just a tiny bit, but he was freaked out! He couldn't think properly. And as he was looking forward to meeting him and apologize to him, a message appeared on his phone that made him pout.

Taehyungie Hyung: Hey, something came up and I won't be able to come today

But to be honest, something was odd. Why couldn't he come? Taehyung never missed a day.

Jeongguk: Is everything okay? Did Kang do something?

Taehyungie Hyung: No, everything is fine. I just have to take care of something

Jeongguk: You sure? You're not mad at me, right?

Jeongguk didn't receive an answer. No matter for how long he stared at his phone, waiting for another ding, nothing happened. He sighed as he plopped down into his bed. If Taehyung wasn't coming, he didn't have a reason to go to work earlier.

. . .

Just half an hour before Taehyung would usually leave for the club, he peeped outside the window as he did every day since the day Kang told him that he'll send his boys whenever he wanted. And apparently, the time had come. An awfully familiar car was parked outside of his house that caused Taehyung to sigh and accept what was coming. He couldn't do anything about it, anyway.

He texted Namjoon first, telling him that Kang's sidekicks were there. Then he texted Jeongguk. Honestly, he felt bad for lying to him. But he didn't want him to worry; he knew he was already stressed about this. He didn't have to worry him even more.

So he thought that when his sidekicks would drop him outside of the club, Namjoon would find him and carry him in his office. He would hide there until Yaesung would finish treating him, and he wouldn't have to see Jeongguk at all. It was a very good plan, if you asked him.

Reluctantly, he dragged his feet out of the house and towards the car. The two men had amused smiles on their faces, clearly mocking him, but he didn't pay much attention. Once they arrived at the mansion, he went downstairs without wasting a minute, just to get it over with.

"V," Kang said with a deep low voice as he was seated on the couch. "Glad you came without protesting."

V bowed and sat across from him. "A deal is a deal," he said in a matter-of-fact tone, but a coil of fright bloomed deep in his gut. He couldn't shake away the horrendous feeling that swept over him the moment he stepped into that place.

"Are you ready then?" he asked in amusement, his eyes flashing with impatience.

"Yes, sir," V said with a nod and took a deep breath, waiting for someone to grab him by his hair and throw him to the floor like every time. But his blood turned ice cold when he heard the words that spewed from Kang's mouth seconds later.