㊶I Have To Be There For Him

Reluctantly, the three boys left the room by Taehyung's request and went outside where they were sitting before. "What is going to happen with Kang and Wang?" Hoseok asked.

"Well, that depends on us," Namjoon said, confusing the other two with his words.

"What does that mean?" Jimin questioned with creased brows.

"It means that they will do anything to prove they're innocent. But we know the truth, and if we confess, they will go to jail. Now the thing is, if they go to jail, we will too. Taehyung will go because he was the one selling the drugs and we will go because we were working with him and knew about it."

"That's so messed up," Hoseok said, frustrated about everything.

"Personally, I will do anything Taehyung wants to do," Jimin uttered, and once he saw the baffled look on their faces, he continued. "I mean, if he wants to confess and stop all this once and for all, I will do the same. The money is good, but it's not worth it if he gets beaten every now and then."

"Of course we'll do the same," Namjoon said. "But it'll be hard for him to avoid jail. He needs to prove that Kang was the one making the drugs and he was also the one making a profit out of it, even though Taehyung was distributing them. Does he have any evidence? Because we certainly don't."

Silence took over them as they stared at the ground, void of any idea about what to do. "We need to talk to him," Hoseok said.

"Let him rest for now. He's already hurting enough. He doesn't need to think about that—" Namjoon's phone ringing cut his words, and he frowned as he glanced at the unfamiliar number. "Hello?"

"Is this Kim Namjoon?"

"Yes."

"I'm officer Ong Seongwu. I'm handling the cases of aggravated assault and sexual assault from today."

"Oh, hello."

"We would like to talk to you about the cases because no one of the people we arrested today is talking and we can't proceed like this. We need statements from you and the victims, but given their state, we can't talk to them yet."

"Um, yes, uh." Namjoon panicked as he didn't know what to do. "Can I come in an hour or something?"

"Come as soon as possible."

"Okay, bye." He hung up and ran a hand through his hair. "Guys, we have to talk to Taehyung now. They want to question me and I don't know what the fuck to say."

"Okay, let's go then," Hoseok said, and they headed back to his room. He knocked and opened the door a beat later. "Tae, we need to talk to you."

"Can't you just leave me alone?"

"It's important. The police called me. They want me to give a statement about what happened and I don't know what to say. I don't know what you want me to say."

Taehyung opened his tired eyes and glanced at him. "What do you mean?"

"They arrested Kang and Wang, but they aren't talking. We have the opportunity to send them to jail if we confess everything we know. But that will get us in trouble too and especially you."

"How can you even ask that? Of course I will tell them everything I know. And you guys don't need to get involved. You can just say that you don't know anything."

"What? Taehyung, no. We won't let you go through this alone. We're a part of this too," Hoseok spoke this time.

"Besides, if more people testify against Kang and Wang, they will go to jail for sure. We won't pretend that we don't know anything. We can't do this to you." Jimin set a reassuring hand on his shoulder as he smiled.