VIII

Mingi sat on San's couch nervously, waiting patiently with his mother as well as San's mother

"San! Where have you been?!" His mother spoke worriedly as the male entered the house. 

"What? What do you mean?" San turned to look at Mingi,"And what are you doing here?"

"When we got split up.. I got scared that maybe you got caught.. so I came to see if you went home.."

"Where have you two been going?!" Mingi's mother asked angrily.

"Um.. to the castle." San mumbled.

"THE CASTLE?!" Miyeon sat down, she felt light headed. "Oh lord, they've been to the castle." She started fanning herself and Sooah looked at the two boys.

"What were you two doing there?!" Sooah asked in confusion.

"We were practicing the stances that the knights do." Mingi spoke up and Sooah groaned.

"Do you know how dangerous it is to go to the castle when you're not invited? If you had been caught, you would have been taken away from us." Sooah spoke sternly.

San flinched and looked down at his feet, "I'm sorry."

Mingi nodded and said the same thing. "Yes. I'm sorry too."

Sooah frowned,"You two are no longer aloud to go there. Surely they'll be looking for the trespassers anyways."

San wanted to object. He wanted to say that he absolutely needed to go to the castle. But he knew he couldn't tell his mother that. Not in this situation.

"A-and if you two wish to play together. You will be inside the house."

"Eomma-" Mingi started but was cut off shortly.

"No. I will not hear anything else about it Mingi. You should not have gone to the castle. This is your punishment."

Sooah nodded in agreement. "Yes, you two will not be leaving the house."

San nodded slowly. "Yes Eomma."

"Good. Now that that's settled, San go take a shower." Sooah spoke and the boy sadly left the room.

How am I going to meet Woojin? San sighed and reached his hand into his pocket. He felt the cold metal of the gold chain necklace Wooyoung had given him weeks ago. The two of them exchanged gifts from time to time, and San had gifted Wooyoung a crystal he had found near the edge of the pond one day.

 If I knew I wasn't going to be able to go back there.. I would have gifted him something better.. 

・:*:・

San frowned and took a shower as his mother requested and returned to the kitchen to see that Mingi and his mother had left.

"San do you really wish to become a knight? I didn't realize you were so interested in it."