XVIII

Wooyoung was fighting every urge he had to not grab San's free hand on the table

Wooyoung was fighting every urge he had to not grab San's free hand on the table. Wooyoung bit his lip and stared at the golden rings on the knight's hand longingly.

"Youngie?" San whispered softly.

"Yes?" Wooyoung murmured, looking away from San's hand and looking up at the knight.

"You have to dance with a few girls." San spoke.

Wooyoung turned around to see a group of girls standing in a group and whispering while looking at him. The group of girls blushed and looked away upon realizing that the prince was looking right back at them.

"Okay.." Wooyoung got up slowly and approached the first girl. "Good evening."

"H-Happy birthday y-your highn-ness." The girl stuttered, taken aback by the prince's beauty and politeness.

"What's your name?" Wooyoung asked kindly.

"Oh I'm Hwang Yeji."

"That's a pretty name.. may I dance with you Yeji?"

Yeji nodded quickly and turned to her group of friends who were clapping and encouraging her.

"I-I would be honored t-to dance with y-you." Yeji stammered and Wooyoung laughed lightly before grabbing her hand delicately.

San watched from his seat with a frown. He knew it was required and that he had encouraged Wooyoung to do it, but it still hurt to watch.

"Don't worry San. I'm sure you're the one in his heart." Seonghwa spoke and San nodded solemnly.

"Wait-" San turned around and looked at Seonghwa in concern. "How the hell do you know about me and the prince?"

"He's smitten over you. I can tell by the way he looks at you. It's the same way I look at Hongjoongie~" Seonghwa smiled at the male who blushed and smiled back at him shyly.

"Oh." San spoke. "Well.. I know he likes me back.. but I also know that for us.. everything will be really difficult." San spoke, watching as Wooyoung swayed on the dance floor with a girl in a pink gown.

"I understand. For me.. I'm planning on telling my father the truth soon.. and I think if my father denies me the role as King, then he can just let the Kingdom crumble." Seonghwa spoke with determination.

"Wow.. that's a lot to risk." San contemplated his next words before speaking,"I don't want to tell this to Wooyoung.. but if he and I ever end up to getting caught.. I would be willing to die for him. I wouldn't waste even a second." San mumbled as he watched his boyfriend bow to another girl so they could dance.

"But he'd be all alone.." Seonghwa spoke with a soft frown.

"But he should be King. Someone as kind hearted as him is perfect for the role.. I don't want this kingdom to be at stake because of my selfish emotions." San responded tearing up a bit and wiping the tears away quickly.