XLIII

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"What are you doing?" Jaegeun asked watching as the woman slowly retracted her hand.

"N-nothing." Nari had paled and closed the glass bottle. 

Angrily the King approached the woman and grabbed her wrist. "What the hell were you pouring into my cup?"

"I wasn't pouring anythin-"

"Drink it."

"I-I-" 

"Drink the damn cup Nari."

"Why would you- I didn't do-"

With his free hand, the King grabbed the wine glass and struggled to bring it to Nari's lips. The Queen wrestled with the man, wine from the cup sloshing around and falling out of the glass.

With a burst of strength, Nari released her wrist and pushed the cup out of the King's hand, forcing it to fall to the floor and shatter.

"You're trying to kill me." Jaegeun confirmed with himself.

"I-I'm not!" Nari threw the glass vase on the ground and let it shatter at her feet.

Jaegeun scoffed.

"I'll have you executed for this-"

"What?!"

"Don't be fucking stupid Nari. I've had a few eyes watching you all day." The King wrapped a hand around the woman's throat."Do you really think I don't know you?" Jaegeun tilted his head with a smirk.

Nari's hands shot up to her throat, trying to desparately claw Jaegeun's hand off of her neck.

"We've been together for over thirty years Nari. Here I was thinking you loved me." Jaegeun spoke.

"After all this time? When you've cheated on me, and ignored my daughters? You expect me to love you back Jaegeun?" The Queen spoke back with an agitated tone. Even while choking, she still managed to display her displeasure with the man she had married.

"Give it a rest. They're their own people. The only thing you should care about is yourself."

Nari's face took on a deep red hue and Jaegeun, feeling some sense of empathy, lessened his grip around her neck. 

Nari took a deep breath and felt fresh air refill her lungs. "I..I hate you." She murmured.

"..Hm.. I can't say the feeling is mutual. But I will say.. to me, Wooyoung was always more important than you."

Nari grimaced. "You always had just one goal. What if I had never given birth to a son?"

"I would have made divorce legal to find a woman who could." Jaegeun spoke. "Now.. back to the main situation." Jaegeun motioned for a knight to detain the woman.