IX

San just processed what the male had asked him

"The king has been looking for someone to guard his son who is soon turning eighteen." The male spoke as he lead San out of the Knights quarters and towards the castle.

"Wow. That's a big deal of responsibility." San spoke.

"Can you not do it?" He turn to San with an intimidating look on his face.

"No! I can do it. Without a doubt." San spoke quickly and the man lead him into the castle. The two of them entered the large building after passing multiple sets of guards.

"But.. where are we going?" San asked, memorizing the path they took as they entered the grand hall.

"The King wants to meet you first."

"Th-The King?!" San's jaw dropped. Do I look presentable? Oh this clothing is so worn out.. he'll think I'm a peasant of sorts.

The Castellan nodded and soon he and San were standing in front of the King and the prince.

"So this the your best knight?" The King asked, looking San over.

San stood stiffly and avoided the eyes of the King.

"Yes. According to the other knights as well. I've been watching this one since the entrance assessment and he is the perfect one."

San gulped and felt his palms begin to sweat. Oh lord.. 

"Alright. If that's what you say." The King spoke and stepped closer to San. "From today on you will live and die for my son as his knight. You will obey each of his commands and nothing else. Should he receive any sort of harm, you will lose your life. Is that clear?"

"Yes your highness." San spoke stiffly.

"Wooyoung?" The King asked turning to his son,"Is this one alright?"

Wooyoung nodded awkwardly. He felt weird seeing his dad threaten someone over him. "Yes Appa."

"You two get acquainted. You can show him around. He'll be in the room right next to yours."

"The one with the door connected to mine?" Wooyoung asked and his cheeks tinted a slight shade of pink.

"Yes." The King spoke and turned to leave with the Castellan.

Wooyoung looked at San and San avoided his eyes.

"U-um.. I didn't quite catch your name." Wooyoung mumbled.

"Choi San." San spoke and cleared his throat nervously.

The name.. sounds really familiar.. 

"You don't have to be nervous in front of me." Wooyoung murmured, "I'd like it if you would look at me.. while we're conversing.." 

San looked at the prince and couldn't stop staring. Wow. I expected him to look attractive because he's royal family.. but wow..