18 - Back Home

[3rd Person's Point of View]

Yesterday after Joichiro and Soma's fight you went back home to spend your vacation. You helped you Mom and Dad on their restaurant.

It was already night time and your family's restaurant is now closed. You were on your room while playing on your phone then your Mom and Dad came inside you room.

"(Nickname) your vacation lasts for a week, right?" your Dad asked leaning on the wall.

"Yes, why?" you asked then looked at them.

"I talked with your dad, we'll temporarily close the shop and spend time with you." your Mom said then sat beside you.

You beamed, "Really?" then she nodded. "When do we leave?" you asked excitedly, which made them look at each other then laugh.

"We'll leave tomorrow." your Mom said which made me you cheer. That night, you wrote it on your journal. You couldn't sleep because you were too excited.

--- TimeSkip ---

"Where are we going today Dad? Mom?" Lizu asked while playing on his phone.

"We're going to eat dinner!" your Dad said while driving.

"Dinner? But it's still noon." You said looking at your watch; It was still 4 noon.

"We're going somewhere first." Mom said smirking which made me sweat-drop.

After an hour you arrived at some kind of clothes shop. Your mom called a lady who later assisted you. You stopped at the ladies' section.

"(Reader)-san please wear this." She said while showing you a (color you prefer) dress. You wore it and thought that the length was just right, it covered your knees.

"Wow! You look pretty (Reader)-san!" The lady exclaimed so you smiled at her then looked at your reflection. "This is a royal blue lace dress." she said. "It's a kind of a high-waist with v-neckline dress." she added so you looked at her through the mirror.

"You seem to know what kind of dress I'm wearing." you said then she smiled.

"Of course, my son is the designer who made that." she said pointing at your dress.

"Oh, that's so nice." You said and gave her a smile.

"Let's go (Reader)-san, they're probably waiting for you." She said as she led you to a door.

"Aren't you coming in with me?" You asked raising a brow. She shook her head so you shrugged. When you opened the door, you squinted at the blinding lights that met your eyes.

"The other contestant has entered! The daughter of the famous Yamaguchi Kazu-sama, Yamaguchi (Reader)-san." a guy announced then you heard people clapping.

"Huh?! What the hell's going on?!" you asked while looking around you. You were in a kitchen-like stage; the cameras and people were everywhere.

'What have I gotten myself into?' you thought surprised.

"Oh no! Someone's a bit grumpy." the guy who was holding a mic said which made the audience laugh.

"You look stunning tonight Yamaguchi-san! What can you say before we start the match?" he asked then held the mic towards your mouth.

"Wait.. what match are you talking about?" you asked which made them all gasp.

"Huh? Your father didn't tell you?" the emcee asked.

"Should I be asking you if he told me?" you asked obviously irritated. The audience then laughed while the emcee sweat-dropped.