46 - ♥♥ Part 1/2

Chapter 46: First Night of Advancement Exams

[3rd Person's Point of View]

You helped to judge the dishes the students made. Meanwhile there were only 45 minutes left before sundown,

"Soma-kun look at that." Megumi said pointing at a familiar guy.

"Isn't that the Yamaguchi Family's men?" Alice asked so they ran to them.

"Excuse me, are you willing to buy our salmon?" the man that you talked to; said.

Kurokiba and Soma looked at the salmon the guy was selling. "So, this is what (Reader) meant about helping us." Yuki said as they hurried back to the examination room.

'Fufufu~ So, (Reader) took advantage of Uncle Azami's plan. Uncle Azami thought he was able to control (Reader)-chan, but what's happening is vice versa.' Alice thought smiling while looking at the trees being blown by the wind.

'She's a genius~ That's why I love her~' Alice thought happilly.

🍽 🍽 🍽 🍽 🍽

"I have succeeded in eradicating the rebels, per Director Azami's orders." Hiroi said smiling. Then the door busted open, you looked up to see Soma's group.

"It seems you're done with your useless resistance. And what were the results?" Hiroi mocked. "I'm sure you only found off-season salm-"

You smirked when you saw Hiroi's smile fade. The students and Hiroi's face plastered a surprised reaction.

"High-quality salmon! / What firm flesh! / What glistening skin! / It's top notch for sure!" the students murmured.

"Tokishirazu salmon, a very rare salmon that's caught between spring and summer." you explained. "All available nutrients are evenly spread throughout its body."

"In other words, it's salmon at its ultimate best!" Hiroi exclaimed. "But it's caught in summer! How is it available right now?" she asked.

Alice then giggled. "You are aware of the brine freezing method, aren't you? There is no loss in quality. In other words, it's a freezing method that freezes time a technique that epitomized the combined wisdom of science and gourmet cuisine." Alice explained.

"Yeah, we were lucky to find a 'vendor' using the brining method 'nearby'." Soma said emphasizing each word.

"I'm glad 'they' had 'Tokishirazu salmon' in stock!" Megumi replied while smiling at you.

Hiroi laughed, "That's basic knowledge to anyone in the cutting-edge gourmet cuisine industry! So, what if you procured the ingredient? If you can't finish a dish in time, it's pointless!" she said smiling.