56 - Part 6 of 6

Chapter 56: Trust

[3rd Person's Point of View]

"What is that? / Pasta? / Vermicelli?" the crowds murmured.

"Time to taste the dish! Please proceed honored judges!" Urara said. Anne took some noodles before blowing off the steam. Then they all slurped it.

"So, how is it? I'm sure the flavors have been lo-" Urara then was cut off when the judges let out a satisfied huff

"They're still there! The soba's aromas and flavors are still intact!" Histoire said.

🍜 🍜 🍜 🍜 🍜

"I name the dish Yukihira-style Seared Soba!" Soma said while grinning and giving the judges a thumbs up.

Soma's dish was then classified as : The fragrance of Soba between you and me.

"So who is the victor?" Urara asked.

"This concludes our evaluation. We will now cast our votes." Anne said.

"First Bout, third match, Kinokuni Nene versus Yukihira Soma. Who will emerge victorious?" Urara asked.

"There was a consensus." Histoire said. "This dish gets our vote."

"Miss Kinokuni." Anne called out so Kinokuni went to her. "I've heard that Japan has the saying, 'Proof is better than argument'. There is enough for another serving, yes? Please try it." Anne said.

"Compared to your usual soba, there is less aroma. How about Mister Yukihira's soba, then?" Anne added, Kinokuni then went to taste Soma's soba.

"It's true. It has more aroma than my soba. But why? My preparation was without fault." Kinokuni said.

"No way/ What? / What happened? / No maybe Yamaguchi is-"

"Silence!" Anne yelled. "I told you not to speak ill of Yamaguchi-kun, right?" she yelled. Everyone stared in shock at her, her calm facade was gone.