Flashback

Karma pov
"I'll cut off your hands and feet, have them stuffed and mounted. I'll keep them with me and cherish them forever." Takaoka spoke as he pointed his knife at Nagisa who was struggling to stand up straight
"Mr. Karasuma! We've got to shoot him! Nagisa will die!" Kayano pleaded to Karasuma
"Wait. Stay out of it!"
Hearing Teresaka speak I turned to him annoyed
Does he want Nagisa to die that bad!?
This bastard!
"Are we still leaving them to it, Terasaka? I'm just about ready to join the frey, myself." I somehow managed to say calmly
"You been skippin' practice, Karma, so you dont know, but Nagisa....he's still got somethin' up his sleeve"
The minute he spoke those words I quickly turned my attention back to Nagisa.
.

.

.

.

.

.
By the time we got to the hotel and into our rooms I told Nagisa to take his shirt off so I could treat his wounds.
It was then that I was able to see the extent of what Takaoka did to him, bruises all over his small body.
"That bastard, I wish I could have killed him"
"Don't worry, I'm fine"
Nagisa tried to reassure me, but it was then that I came across an old scar of his, a scar right across his stomach.
"......"
I traced over it with my fingers
In the end I couldn't do anything....just like back then.
All I could do was look down at my lap in disappointment.
"Karma?" He called out noticing my silence
"...I'm sorry"
"Why are you apologizing?!"
"I promised myself on that day I would protect you no matter what" a tear rolled down my cheek as I recalled that day.

Flashback (middle school)
3rd person POV

Since today was the last day of the week Karma had texted Nagisa earlier if he wanted to hang out to which he agreed.
Normally the two didn't get to hang out as much since they were placed in different classes, but that wouldn't stop the red head from seeing his boyfriend.
.

.

.

Once the school bell rang the taller boy stood by the front gate, arms crossed,  and waited until-
"Karma!"
He turned around at the call of his name and saw Nagisa running towards him, his ponytail swinging back and forth.
"You ready?"
"Yeah!" He smiled sweetly and both went on their way to the mall.
.

.

.
As both middle schoolers walked side by side, Karma used all his will power to not hold Nagisa's hand as it was still daylight and fellow students and classmates were still out.
It would be troublesome if someone from their school found out.
The red head could care less what people said or thought about him, but it was a different story if people talked about Nagisa.
.

.

.

.

As it got dark and there were less people out the two boys were finally able to hold hands with each other as they walked back.

But just before they could cross the bridge into Nagisa's neighborhood the taller boy saw a claw machine right by a convenience store.
"Come here"
Karma grabbed the bluenette's hand and dragged him to the game.
"What are you doing?"
"I'm gonna win you something" he replied while inserting 200 yen
"....."
Nagisa simply remained silent as he watched his boyfriend play, winning an avocado plushie on his first try.
"Amazing!"
"Here"
He handed over the plushie to Nagisa
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, I told you I was gonna win you something"
"Thank you"
Nagisa hugged the plushie between his arms, a visible blush on his cheeks.
"...Hey"
"Yes?" He looked up and using that opportunity Karma kissed his lips
"K-Karma!!" He pulled away, his face a bright red
"Haha! Sorry, I couldn't help it!"
"Someone could have seen" he whispered, clearly embarrassed
"Don't worry I doubt anyone saw"
Karma grinned as he wrapped his arm around the other's shoulder and started walking off, not aware that a group of older students had seen everything.
.