CHAPTER-34

Maulika's pov

Finally I am all ready in my wedding dress. It's all red, My makeup has been done, I just have to wear the ornaments now. I am loving my bridal look. A wedding day is very special for the bride. I am getting anxious and even nervous. But finally it's happening... And thinking of all this I heard Mruda's scream.

"Di Jiju has arrived he is on the gate of the stadium." Mruda seemed excited she was seeing all the view from the glass window of changing room. Even she was looking so pretty today afterall it's her sisters marriage and with the one whom she adores the most in the world. I am very thankful to my parents who understood me and stood by my side. And even went against the other family members like my uncles who were threatening saying that these type of marriages don't work.Suddenly I saw Mruda going out.

"Hey... Where are you going ????" I questioned her.

"I am coming... Just wait lemme see what is happening".Saying this she left. Ohh God this girl.....
After few minutes she was back.

"What is happening outside" I asked her as I was also excited to know about all the rituals.

"Di as you know BOL JATRI is over as jiju has arrived with his family and friends to the wedding venue. And now he has completed BOR BORON ritual. Which means When the bor jatri reaches the bride's place, usually the mother of the bride along with other members come out to welcome the groom and his family by showing the holy earthen lamp, sprinkling trefoil, and husked rice placed on a bamboo winnow (kula). Then they are served sweets and drinks. So there serving and eating is also over. And it's already 6:45...within fifteen minutes POTTO BASTRA ritual will be over. Which means After the groom is seated at the chadnatolla (wedding altar and canopy) – the sanctum sanctorum where only the groom, bride and the priest takes their place(Mandap), the groom is offered new clothes by the person who is to do the sampradaan – the elderly male member of the family who does sampradaan offers the responsibility of the bride to the groom.So the performance will start soon. Armies in large numbers have arrived and our asked to be outside till 7:00 as at 7:00 clock they will be invited inside and the performance will start.And now you just don't panic and see to your look and all" mruda replied to me she was acting like mum.

"Ahhh... I am ready Mrudu,just jewelleries are left don't panic." I assured her. Then I started to wear my jewelleries which completed my bridal look. After that I, Mrudu and my cousins clicked pics together. My cousins Rita and Riya were too happy for me. This reality was even unreal for my parents and family. Later Maa came in Baba and everyone. They all just adored me. Showered their love in me. Ma put a kajal dot to save me from evil eyes.
And suddenly mom in law and Jung Dawon entered.

"Ohhh.. My goodness" they screamed together out of joy.

"You look so pretty today.. Much more than the wedding we had in Korea. Indian bride's look so beautiful. I indeed loved your place. It's beautiful and has rich custom and traditions." Jung Dawon kissed me on my forehead.

"My daughter in law is the prettiest" mom in law showered all her love on me. And seeing them my family was satisfied that I am married to a well off and loving family. After few minutes we could hear sounds from outside. It means that the performance has already started. RM has made the announcement and we can hear the hooting and cheer if the armies. The lyrics of their first English song DYNAMITE can be heard over here. Ohh God the time is coming near.

Hoseok's pov

The whole stadium was filled with armies. It was a purple ocean surrounding us from all side. I was nervous but not for the performance but because finally it's my wedding that's happening in a foreign land. Many armies have joined us in this happy occasions of our marriage and first English song release. Before this day I was always worried about how we will perform.. How will ppl react but today I am nervous because of my marriage and I am even anxious for seeing Maulika's bridal look. And I have to do so many more rituals also.Finally after the DYNAMITE performance we performed on many other songs like fake love, stay gold, boy with love.

After the performance was over the armies hooted,cheered, clapped. We all bowed and thanked them for being here to see us perform. And then RM asked Jin hyung, jimin, Jungkook and taehyung to the room where Maulika was to bring her. He, Yoongi and I was left.

"Army..thankyou for coming here. Thank you for showering your love on us. I hope you guys enjoyed the performances and now it's time for your surprise." RM announced.

Armies started hooting and then,the three of us went towards the Mandap where the priest was there. Every army was shocked but I was very excited to surprise them. That I  have come to their land and I am taking a girl of their land to my dreamland. As we all reached there. We waited for Maulika's arrival and then the music wedding started to play... And we could see that Jin hyung, Jiminahhhh,taehyung and JK had lifted Maulika on the small wooden stool and are coming in our direction. Our families were all standing on stage and were smiling. Maulika was all looking so pretty but her face was covered with beetle leaves. But I can guess that she was the most prettiest bride on this earth. The cloud was filled with fireworks. The projector on the screen was showing mine and her wedding pictures taken in Korea and then the army saw that it's my marriage the applause and scream became more loud. Then the four of them  circled me seven times while still carrying moon on that wooden stool. And the priest told it's significance is that, that I and moon are winded up securely to each other. And this ritual is called SAAT PAAK.
Then the priest asked Maulika to perform SUBHO DRISHTI and explained us that After saat paak the bride and the groom are made to look at each other in front of all the assembled invitees. The bride is told to remove the paan leaves. This exchange of loving glance is to initiate them to be together officially by the society. So next Maulika removed the leaves I finally we both had an eyelock in that moment I felt like as if I was doomed by her beauty, she was looking so charismatic that one can't keep eye off from her. The armies were hooting and screaming. We could hear the cheers of "How beautiful the bride is!!! ". While we were lost glancing at each other and smiling. The priest asked us to put garlands in eachother... Claiming it is the first stage through which we will accept eachother. Jung Dawon and Mruda brought the garlands and we exchanged it. Jimin, Tae, jk and jin hyung I believe were very strong as they were carrying her from so long. I love them so much they are always there for my good and bad. And then finally we both got seated for a ritual called SAMPRADAAN. Which meant that The bride(Moon)will  then take her place at the chadnatolla where an elderly male member of the bride's family hands her over to the groom and the couple's hands are bound by the sacred thread amidst recital of Vedic chants and are placed on the mangal ghot – a brass pitcher filled with water that is covered with mango leaves attached to one twig and a green coconut placed on it.And this ritual was performed by Moon's dad.But I was enjoying it. Members and armies were mesmerized at the sight of the culture and tradition. After that we were asked to chant some spells to God of fire.. Who will be the representative of this pure bond of marriage. Then we were asked to perform SAPTAPADI. Which was quite fun as There are seven betel leaves laid out in a sequence. And moon steps on these leaves one by one followed by the me. Then I move a special stone "nora" (typically used for crushing and pasting spices) with my foot as we move forward. Next the priest asked us to perform ANJALI  ritual. Explaining that an offering to the fire is made. The bride's brother puts puffed rice (khoi) in the hands of the bride, and the groom standing close to her holds her hands from the back and extends their arms forward. They then pour the offering into the fire together. And jimin puts the puffed rice in moons hand and then I hold her hands from back and extend our hands forward to make the offering to the god if fire.
Armies were impatient as only now one ritual was left to complete this marriage. They were cheering... A lot and using the merch to show their enthusiasm. The priest then ordered us to sit for the final ritual and announced it as SINDOORDAAN.In this I have to put red color in Moon's hair parting and then she will be fine forever. So finally I dipped my hand in the color and applied it on her hair parting making her mine forever. All the people there started hooting, cameramen who were recording also hooted. Every member and family were looking happy. Armies were screaming with joy and it was the best sight to see.. The stadium was glowing in bright pink and purple lights, fireworks were creating magic. Armies were cheering and I and moon were busy admiring eachother holding hands as we are now become one forever. Ohh God this day is the best day of my life.
💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
A lenghthy chapter indeed... Finally MAUSEOK. I made it happen. I made Hoseok married an Indian girl. The readers who are reading and witnessing the wedding so give your views I tried to give all type of news that how this all is happening. I am still not over this beautiful wedding, the stadium, the purple ocean thousands of people, bts and Hoseok and Maulika as one. ✨✨✨✨✨✨💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
I am so happy.. Excited they are married.
Do vote and comment.

I purple you all