Chapter Five- Beauty and....The bully?

Sienna POV

******

I sat there, quiet and observant as Cedric and his cronies bantered around. Hunger didn't gnaw at me, so I lingered, Ced's arm draped casually around me, while they chortled and feasted. My gaze, however, was fixed on a certain blonde Slytherin, his cheekbones sharp and eyes ablaze with something sinister. I monitored him, calculating when to make my escape to the library. His anger simmered as he stared at Cedric, yet I dismissed it as just another petty feud.

Amidst another wave of laughter, I let out a theatrical yawn. Cedric pulled me closer, and I flashed a weak smile in return, relishing the comfort of his embrace.

When Malfoy suddenly leapt up, seething, and stormed out, I mirrored his actions. Standing up, I shed the champion jumper, patting Cedric's shoulder.

"Night, Ced," I muttered.

"Night, Stuffy," he replied.

Malfoy had a head start to the library, so I opted for my secret tunnel, a passage that terminated by a grand portrait just outside the library. Hastily, I dashed through my room and into the tunnels. Emerging behind the badger portrait, I sprinted towards the signs that pointed to "LIBRARY." Swinging open the portrait of the slumbering old man adjacent to the library, I slipped inside without a moment to spare.

Seated in my favorite corner, I conjured a blanket and small pillow to enhance my comfort. Just in time, he walked in, snatching the book from its shelf. He scanned the room, his gaze searching, before resigning to a seat and delving into his reading. Enthralled by his dulcet tones, I closed my eyes.

Thirty minutes later, I awoke to find Malfoy departing, my heart skipping a beat. Rising to leave, I was intercepted by Pansy Parkinson.

She insulted and warned me away from Draco, claiming him as hers and hers alone. I pleaded, but she was in a mood to inflict pain.

The only question was: why did it have to be me?

I ascended to the astronomy tower, legs throbbing, blood trickling from my nose, and my eye swelling shut. Tossing my bag aside, I wept, recalling the agony of being pummeled by those girls. I struggled, screaming and kicking, only to have my mouth stuffed with tissues to stifle my cries. Pansy took particular pleasure in marring my face, leaving my legs battered and bleeding, likely fractured.

I gasped for air, every breath a stab of torment. Finally, Pansy leaned in close, her voice a sinister whisper.

"Why bother? You're worthless. Just jump and rid us all of your presence."

So here I stood, granting them their wish.

Gripping the railing of the tower, I turned to face Hogwarts, taking in its splendor one last time. Tears blurred my vision as I silently bid farewell to my orphanage friends and Cedric, my only confidant. The ache of leaving them behind was unbearable, yet the torment endured over three years at Hogwarts was far worse. From the moment I arrived, Draco Malfoy, Pansy Parkinson, and their lackeys made my life a living hell.

Then, I turned away.

Arms outstretched, I leaned back...

...and found myself face-to-face with Draco Malfoy.

Draco POV

********

I wandered the halls once more after Blaise had retired for the night, hoping against hope to find her again. From a distance, I caught sight of a figure that could only be Sienna slipping into the astronomy tower. Excitement surged within me; this was my chance to finally speak with her. Rehearsing my words, I took a deep breath and confidently strode towards the tower door. Ascending the long staircase, my heart plummeted when I reached the top.