Chapter Twenty- One- The maze of life brought the screams of death.

Sienna POV

*****

The day of the third task came fast.

Ced and I had been spending way too much time with each other and I constantly walked into bed late, tired, and upset. Draco would already be asleep and I'd just crawl in underneath him and fall asleep.

I found myself tossing and turning. My stomach kept telling me that something was wrong and I didn't know what. I knew Draco was trying to comfort me but I was numb to his attempts. I didn't know what it was.

Something eerie was in the air.

Sinister, cold.

One morning I woke asleep in Ced's room. I was on the floor, curled up. We must have knocked out after sparring. I felt a horrible dread in my stomach.

It was the day of the third task.

I woke up a sleeping Cedric.

******

"Dad?!" said Ced. I looked up to see Amos Diggory hugging Ced.

"Hello, Sienna!"

"Hi, Amos."

Harry passed us. Amos took that time to say something.

"There you are, are you?" he said, looking Harry up and down.

"Bet you're not feeling quite as full of yourself now Cedric's caught you up on points, are you?" "What?" said Harry.

"Ignore him," said Ced in a low voice to Harry, frowning after his father. "He's been angry ever since Rita Skeeter's article about the Triwizard Tournament — you know when she made out you were the only Hogwarts champion."

"Didn't bother to correct her, though, did he?" said Amos, loudly enough for Harry to hear as he started to walk out of the door with Mrs. Weasley and Bill.

"Still . . . you'll show him, Ced. Beaten him once before, haven't you?"

"Rita Skeeter goes out of her way to cause trouble, Amos!" Mr.s Weasley said angrily. "I would have thought you'd know that, working at the Ministry!"

M.r Diggory looked as though he was going to say something angry.

"Stop this Sienna. He'll only listen to you." Ced whispered to me.

I laid a hand on his arm

"Amos. Don't say anything or Ced will forgo his place in the torment". I whispered

That seemed to shut him up. Ced smiled gratefully at me.

*****

"Ladies and gentlemen, in five minutes, I will be asking you to make your way down to the Quidditch field for the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament. Will the champions please follow Mr. Bagman down to the stadium now?"

"Stuffy, come with me," Ced said. I was looking at Draco. Draco was talking to Blaise and Sky. He looked at me and a small smile tugged on his lips. I blew a kiss and got up with Ced.

They walked onto the Quidditch field, which was now completely unrecognizable. A twenty-foot-high hedge ran around the edge of it. There was a gap right in front of them: the entrance to the vast maze. The passage beyond it looked dark and creepy. Five minutes later, the stands had begun to fill; the air was full of excited voices and the rumbling of feet as the hundreds of students filed into their seats. The sky was a deep, clear blue now, and the first stars were starting to appear. Hagrid, Professor Moody, Professor McGonagall, and Professor Flitwick came walking into the stadium and approached Bagman and the champions. They were wearing large, red, luminous stars on their hats, all except Hagrid, who had his on the back of his moleskin vest. "We are going to be patrolling the outside of the maze," said Professor McGonagall to the champions. "If you get into difficulty, and wish to be rescued, send red sparks into the air, and one of us will come and get you, do you understand?" The champions nodded.