Chapter Ten- The birthday question.

Draco POV

*****

I was nervous.

Today was Senna's birthday. November 1st. I had 12 days before I lost that bet and it left my conscience for good. I felt downright guilty. Instead of just telling those numb heads I liked Sienna and I wanted to date her, I was pretending like I was with her for a bet. Over the last month, I've wanted to kiss her at least 18 different times. But I never did because of the bet. I couldn't risk it. It was pure agony.

Today, I didn't want the bet to bother me. I looked down at a sleeping Sienna in my arms. I smiled as she peacefully rested against my chest. Her face tucked into my arms.

So pure, so innocent.

Today I would ask her to be mine. I would make her birthday extra special and ask her to be my girlfriend. I had everything ready. Where, when, how. I wanted more than to just be there for her. I wanted to be WITH her. I gently trailed my fingers down her cheek. She stirred at my cold touch. I press a few soft kisses on her face. Her eyes fluttered open.

"Morning, birthday girl," I muttered softly in her ear. She smiled. Her face lit up, setting my heart on fire. She rubbed her eyes, stretched lightly and pressed her head into my neck.

"Morning," she mumbled. I felt her breath tickle my jawline. I gently ran my hands through her hair as I felt her relax. She wiggled out from underneath me, shot me a smile, grabbed her towel and went to the bathroom. I lay there, listening to the shower running. I got up and walked towards my trunk. I picked up a small black velvet box and smiled.

After she got ready, she walked into her closet and I walked into the bathroom.

After I unlocked the door she came in to dry her hair. I wrapped my arms around her.

"Happy birthday," I muttered taking in her soft smell. She smiled in the mirror and her face broke out into a huge grin.

"Thanks, Dray." she giggled. I pressed my chin on her shoulder. Her chocolate eyes looked into mine through the mirror. She had so much love in her eyes I started to blush. Closing my eyes, I gently attacked her cheek with kisses and she let out a soft giggle. Our heavenly moment was cut short by the bathroom door opening.

"Sienna?" a voice called. I groaned recognizing it.

Diggory. I thought bitterly. I opened my eyes. The door was wide open now. He was looking at us with his jaw dropped.

"Um- Should I come back?" he asked, turning red. Sienna gently left my arms and pulled Diggory away from the bathroom as she shut the door. I sighed and grabbed my uniform from the hook and put it on. I emerged out of the bathroom to see Diggory hand Sienna a box.

"Happy birthday little one," he said to Sienna as he messed with her hair. She wrapped him a hug and opened the box. Out pooped a fluffy white kitten. She gasped and her chocolate brown eyes had become glassy with tears.

"Oh, Ced! Fluffy!" she said.

Cedric nodded his head, his eyes filling with tears as well. She gently put the box down and flung her arms around the Diggory boy again. I felt jealousy rise in my stomach. I quickly shoved the feeling back down, they were like siblings. I knew that. Sienna walked over to me with the little white ball of fur in her hands. I realized it resembles the stuffed cat that she showed me at the hospital wing. The one that her mother gave to her. I smiled and she put the little creature in my hands. I watched it yawn and snuggle back in my arms. It had big blue eyes that looked at me sleepily. I cradled the kitten in one arm and scratched behind its ear with my free hand. It let out a soft purr and closed its eyes in bliss.