Chapter Twenty-two -Cedric's last gift

Sienna POV

******

I woke up to the light on my face. I winced. Too bright.

I turned into Draco's chest and felt the tears coming. His lips pressed on my forehead as I soaked his shirt.

"It's okay Love. It's me" he said sweetly. My heart was feeling heavy.

"I want Ced."

"I'm sorry Love. He's not here." he cooed in my ear. I felt a fresh wave of tears hit me. I squeezed my eyes shut.

He's not here.

He won't be coming back.

Draco's hands ran down my back. I felt comfort in the fact that he was here. I snuggled into my boyfriend's arms.

"Why Ced?" I asked.

"I'm sorry Love, but I don't know," he mumbled back into my hair.

"Oh really," A voice said coldly. I looked up to see Harry. He sent me a remorseful glance and started at Draco with a cold look. Draco looked pale.

"Shut up Potter. Can't you see she's hurting?" he snapped.

"Then don't lie to her." he shot back. I looked up at my boyfriend. Lie? About what?

"Dray, what is he talking about?" I asked Draco.

"Not now Potter" Draco spat. He detached himself from me and stood up.

"She has a right to know Malfoy" Harry snarled at Draco. They started bickering like little kids.

"SHE NEEDS TO NOW THAT YOUR FATHER WAS AT THE DEATH EATER MEETING AND HE'S DANGER BECAUSE THAT MEANS THAT YOU'RE DANGER, YOU GIT." bellowed Harry. I froze. Draco...A death eater? No. I would have known. Draco would have told me. Right? As if Draco read my mind he said.

"No, love. I'm not what you think."

I sighed in relief.

"Harry, Draco's right. I don't need this right now." I said. Harry looked at Draco, then me.

"Sienna you need to hear me out. Amos is in the hospital because of shock. This is Draco's father's fault. I wouldn't be surprised if Lucius killed your family too." he said.

Draco yelled at him again. Harry started to insult Draco's dad again. I couldn't take it. I ran out as fast as I could. I passed people who moved out of my way and ran down to the Hufflepuff common rooms. Cedric would be in his room. He wouldn't leave me. He couldn't leave me. I heard Draco's footsteps following me. I pulled my wand and tapped the familiar pattern of Helga Hufflepuff on the barrels. Draco managed to catch up to me by the time I got access to the rooms. I grabbed his hand and ran up to the boy's dorms. People were shooting me sympathetic looks. Like I was a weak heartbroken little girl. I guess they were right. I was heartbroken. I had lost my best friend. I stopped in front of the door.

Cedric Diggory.

Zachary Barnes.

William Li.

My heart was in my throat again. I ran my hands over his name. I had been here thousands of times before. But today, it felt different. I felt Draco embrace me from the back.

"Take your time love, We'll go in when you're ready," he whispered into my ear. He gave me a little squeeze and I pushed the door open. Will and Zack were sitting around Ced's bed. They saw me and got up. Draco let go and I laced my fingers into his. I needed him. He was my strength. I stepped in and was flooded with memories of us together in this room. Us sparring. We laughed, joked, had fun. Draco squeezed my hand. Will came and clapped my shoulder.

"Take as much time as you need and we left his belongings for you ok?"

I nodded.

"We'll go to visit Amos in the hospital," Zack whispered. Again I just nodded. They left and I walked over to his bed. I gently touched his pillows and his headboards. I turned to face Draco. At that moment, I noticed how tired he was. He looked like he hadn't slept for the past two days. His porcelain skin was grey and dull. His hair was a mess, his eyes were red and baggy. I realized he'd been taking care of me and he forgot to take care of himself. I guided him to Ced's bed and laid him down. He tried to protest.

"Hush," I said as I slipped under the covers with him. He pulled me into his chest. I reached up and stroked his cheek. I needed him and he needed to be healthy mentally. If I expected him to be here with me I needed to make sure he was okay. His arms tightened around me and I slowly lulled him to sleep.

"I love you," I muttered.

****

Later I wiggled from under Draco. He was sound asleep and looked relaxed. I walked around Ced's room. I touched his posters and his drawers. I opened his cupboard with his jumpers in them. My eyes teared up. I saw his champion hoodie that I wore on the first task, besides it was a duplicate. An exact copy. Except for one difference. The wording. Instead of it saying "CEDRIC DIGGORY" It said "STUFFY APPLETON- MY BEST FRIEND"

I picked up the sweater and some parchment fell out.

To Stuffy,

I had this made for you last week. Thank you for always being there for me and helping me. You truly are a champion and now we are matching! :)

I have seen how much you've grown. You were my small baby sister the first time I met you. Today I see a wonderful young woman who's smart and so loved.

I'm so proud to call you my best friend.

Please wear this with me when I win. Yes, I know I will win because I had the best person tutoring me :)

-With love,

Ced.

(Ps. I approve of Malfoy)

(Pps You're my biggest catch)

(Ppps. I have another small gift for you in the pocket.)

Mwah.

I wiped my tears and put my hands into my pockets. I pulled out a small poorly wrapped gift. I opened it up. A small parchment revealed itself.

Stuffy,

This was just found in your mother's cottage. I feel it is only right to give this to you. I added something to it. My little touch! :)

I pulled out a small locket. It had a rose carved on the front. I opened it to see a small moving picture of my mom and dad. Mom was pregnant with me and dad was kissing her bump. The other side was Cedric and me when we were small. We were running down a hill during the fall time and I was on Ced's back. My vision was swarmed with my tears. I was going to miss him so much. I felt numb. I didn't notice that Draco was awake. He came and wrapped his arms around me. I looked up at him. He looked way better. He peppered kisses on my face.

"I'm going to miss him," I whispered.

"I know love," he whispered back.

He scooped me up and walked me back to the bed. We laid down and I felt myself drift off to sleep.

I was so grateful.

For Cedric's last gift.