1: Where's Hamilton?

"Hamilton...where is Hamilton..." (y/n) mumbles as she glances at the shelf of her local bookstore searching for a book she needed for a paper she was doing.

"Should be here Ma'am," a voice calls out making her jump slightly, toppling her pile of books she had with a small cry. "Oh shit, sorry! I didn't mean to scare you...that's quite a book collection you've got there."

"I need them for my dissertation paper, it's a lot..." (y/n) says softly.

"Wow really? I'm just rather surprised...most people don't really pay attention to Hamilton." the guy says his long hair tied in a bun and his kind brown eyes glancing at her bright (e/c) ones.

"Really? I always liked him far more than other founding fathers, his story is so interesting...like you could write so much about his life...I think there is a musical or something about him but I'm not sure"

"Oh don't I know it...and yup there's one it's literally called Hamilton, it's quite popular."

"I don't tend to pay much attention to theater stuff...rather I don't have the time to pay much attention to it. Plus with all my grading I've got..."

"You're a teacher?"

"Yeah I teach history, so, it's rather fitting to have all these books anyway." (y/n) says sheepishly. "Uh thank you again for helping me with these, guess I should have gotten a basket...I just find one and go down a spiral of wanting more books," she says sheepishly.

"Same, I'm Lin by the way,"

"(y/n), and you seemed to be rather interested in Hamilton's life, you into the musicals I guess?" she jokes.

"Uh yeah and some other things I dabble," Lin says seemingly relaxing more.

"Well if you want to talk more...would you want to go get coffee after this?" (y/n) suggests biting her lower lip unsure if it was wise.

"Yes!" Lin says readily before shrinking back and clearing his throat, "I mean yes I'd love to go get coffee. You want help carrying those to go check out?" he offers.

"That'd be nice actually...thanks..." (y/n) says with a smile on her face.

This was the start of a nice friendship, one she'd cherish for a long time.