73 Don't Cry

"Aww you look so handsome Lin," (Y/n) whispers as his wig was placed fully on. Victoria was busy crawling around the dressing room, tossing toys and trying to grab onto the chair to get herself up. She was barely wanting to stand, but other than that she'd fall.

However when Lin moved to lift up Victoria to show her the mirror she screamed and started crying.

(Y/n) and Lin's eyes widen and she moved to take her, the baby hiding her face in (Y/n)'s hair whimpering.

"Does she..not realize it's me?" Lin says sounding heartbroken.

"No...that can't be...I don't think...Vicky honey," (Y/n) coos trying to get the baby to peek back out.

Victoria seemed to glance around until landing on Lin and starting to cry again making (Y/n) wince. "Okay...that is not fair. I love you with long hair, and our daughter hates it," she says bouncing the baby to calm her down.

"She hates the long hair...dang it, I'm gonna have it the next few weeks for the show...she's going to hate it for dress rehearsals.."

"Maybe if you sing to her she'll understand? But for now she loathes it," (Y/n) says just as Lin's dad walked in having heard the commotion.

"What's going on? Oh, that looks almost real, it's a good wig Lin," Luis says before turning to (Y/n) and Victoria.

"And...why's Victoria in tears?"

"We think she doesn't recognize me Papí," Lin admits sadly.

"With the wig on...well that could be it...I'd love to try and help you solve it but there's so much more to do,"

"Thanks though, we're gonna try from a distance, she knows who I am by voice so she probably should be able to figure it out," Lin points out.

Luis nods and moves to leave while (Y/n) and Lin try to get their daughter to realize it was just daddy with longer hair.

Even an hour in Victoria was hesitant around Lin, not crying anymore when she saw him, but wasn't calm enough to want to see him, always hiding away against (Y/n).

Lin let out a small sigh, "I guess I'll just have to point out my daughter does not like me with long hair,"

"And that is horrible because I love you with long hair, I fell for you when you had long hair and was devastated when you cut it,"

"You have a thing for long hair huh?" Lin jokes.

"Yes, yes I do, and if you grow it back she wouldn't have been afraid of you," (Y/n) points out.

"Too bad my other role had short hair I would have loved to have grown it out," Lin points out.

"Okay, have fun with rehearsal, I got to get this one down for her nap."

"I know, I wish I could help, but opening night is in a week, we've got to practice all that we can,"

"Lin I know, I can't wait to see you on stage again, it'll be so fun, you love this role and it's for a good cause and everything," she whispers moving to kiss him softly.

Returning the kiss he slipped his arm around her waist tugging her close only to pull away when Victoria let out a small noise as she tried moving away from them.

Letting out another sigh he pouted, "My daughter dislikes me,"

"She dislikes your hair choices, she'll love you when you have it off, don't worry,"