81 Home For A Bit

"Daddy's home! Look Vicky!" (Y/n) says as she rushes with the baby to greet Lin, where Betsy was already barking up a storm clearly happy as well.

"Hola mi familia!" Lin cries out Betsy in his arms as he made quick work to race over to (Y/n) and Victoria giving his daughter a kiss on the head and his partner a proper kiss on the lips.

"And so our few weeks with you begins, starting with you doing a diaper change-" (Y/n) teases as they switch from the dog and baby.

"Darn...I had hoped I'd come home to a clean baby and amazing partner-"

"Sorry love, no can do, I've got your favorite food for dinner though-"

Lin's eyes lit up, "Yes! You're the best, come on Vicky the sooner you're changed the sooner I can feed you and then have Mama's amazing food!" he coos as he takes her away.

"Yup, it's good for him to be home, I am so thankful he's back, even if it's just for a bit. isn't that right Betsy?" (Y/n) coos at the terrier who grants licks to her face with a small laugh.

______

"Have I told you, that I would have starved without you in my life and without your cooking?" Lin points out in between bites of food.

Vicky was seated in her high chair eating at small bites of food happily, while also making a large mess which meant they'd have to give her bathtime.

"I know I'm a pretty good cook, but you aren't that bad in the kitchen Lin-Manuel-"

"I burnt the water because I forgot it....while also completely exploding those hot dogs-"

"Okay that was one time-but it's not that bad-"

"What about the time I forgot the oven on because I was going to make you cookies? And went to go write music only to come back to black smoke all in the kitchen?"

"Okay that was really bad and it smelled like smoke for weeks after that, but still you can make sandwiches-"

"I burnt the grilled cheese! And the soup exploded in the microwave even though I followed the directions-"

"You really are helpless in the kitchen aren't you?" (Y/n) says wide-eyed. "I forgot all those attempts.

"Yes, so I am marrying someone I love and someone who can cook and hopefully teach our daughter to cook way better than I can-"

"Darn right you are...I'll teach her and any other kids we have to know how to cook and help out."

"I wouldn't expect anything less of you," Lin points out with a grin.