61 Settling In At Home

(Y/n) hums softly as she rocks in the chair with Victoria in her arms, the little baby slowly falling to sleep after having eaten a meal.

"She's so fucking cute," Lin's whispered voice comes from the door.

"Shhh, Lin, no cursing," (Y/n) whisper-growls at him.

"She can't understand it, it's fine, you should get some sleep, I'll get her if she wakes up tonight," he tells her moving to stand beside (Y/n)

"Lin you've got meetings in the morning, I can handle getting up every few hours, it's fine," (Y/n) protests.

"No, I have to take some responsibility, and you've got those lesson plans to write up,"

"Ugh, I know...you'd think since finals are coming up I'd be more prepared, even if I'm on maternity leave,"

"And, I can always watch her or have her in the sling during my meetings. They're on video since I'm here in New York,"

"That'd be great, I still feel bad that you've got to take her, I can't focus with her and Betsy wanting attention. Especially when I have to type a bunch,"

"It'll be fine, we're adjusting, she's adjusting too, our little Vicky is amazing though," he whispers, leaning down to plant a small kiss on the infant's hat covered head as she stirred in her sleep before settling back down.

"Yeah, she is, you still sure you want to share her with the world?"

"No, I kinda don't if I'm being honest...I want her to myself and our family, but I do want to share milestones...no faces?" he says softly, "I've been thinking about it all week, so no faces if we have any more kids,"

"I think that's fine, though they'll be more curious, but that's how we're gonna do it," (Y/n) says softly with Lin beaming a bit.

"Then it's settled, we'll do an initial one obviously but once she gets bigger...then we'll keep it more private,"

"Fine with me, I love you," (Y/n) whispers as she moves to set baby Victoria in her crib, flipping the monitor on. "Now come cuddle with me until I fall asleep?"

"It would be my pleasure (Y/n/n)" Lin whispers.